PDA

View Full Version : My Anxiety story

polkalozz
07-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I thought id share how my anxiety began to see if anyone can relate.

I was in my third year of university, and I had 4 exams and dissertation to complete. One night I went to a house party for a friends birthday and they were all dropping mdma, so I got convinced to join in ( bare in mind I had done it a couple of times before) so I took it and I was apprehensive because I was sick the last time I did it. Then before I knew it I was in full panic and on the floor shaking and screaming to get an ambulance and spent that night in hospital on a drip.

After the ordeal I felt a bit shakey, had a couple of days of university then I had my first panic attack and had no idea what happend but my boyfriend assured me. I was fine for the next two weeks until one night id had enough and went to A&E because I needed reassurance I wasnt going to die, after alot of tears and a couple of diazepans then sent me on my way.

Ive been trying to recover ever since, Ive had hypnotherapy and have rescue remedies and lots of self help books and I feel like im getting better although I went to a music festival for the weekend which was a mistake as a felt incredibly uncomfortable for the whole of it and ended up going home early.

At the moment I feel great, I only get a bit anxious at night time but thats about it.

I don't do drugs, smoke or drink anymore it completely gave me a wake up call!

I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences? and any tips how to stop feeling anxious at night? and any general tips on how they conquered a similar anxiety.

Thanks