PDA

View Full Version : CBT TOmorrow

raggamuffin
07-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Hi all,

Dr put me on Zoloft yesterday as the anxiety and symptoms aren't going, in fact they're getting worse and my attempts at rationalizing everything are working less and less. She asked me what I wanted to do and I said after 2.5 years of coping I really want help in overcoming this. I have a feeling the recent 3 months of Epididymitis and pains and antibiotics and constant Dr and hospital visits have caused a lot of stress as well as work being busy.

I thought my 2 weeks off work would help relax me but in reality I was more tense than ever suffering all sorts of symptoms from either the antibiotics or anxiety...or both.

I imagine the course of zoloft should be short. I wouldn't want to be on anything more than a couple of months. But I booked CBT for tomorrow. I want to pair the 2 together and really tackle this head on as i've been plodding along for 6 months now since my last CBT session and in reality my attempts at getting over my anxiety has been totally half hearted.

I really do want to overcome it but i've been lazy in my approach. Quite strange at the moment on my second day of this Zoloft. DUe to the seratonin I suppose but it feels like i'm coming up on escstacy; quite an odd feeling.

Still a 3 pronged approach should hopefully help, short term zoloft, CBT and my new diet. Time will tell I suppose.

Ed

em1
07-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Hello I'm on sertraline (Zoloft) 50g it's been fine and is working gr8 it will take a while to work but stick with it as you feel better soon :)