PDA

View Full Version : Is it returning?

meshalaw
07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
I have not had anxiety for over a year and now all of a sudden it seems to be coming back. I think it might have something to do with me having to take my board exam for medical assistant tomorrow. I just had my first acupuncture session on Monday. I am also taking phentermine for my diet but I have been taking it since June 23rd so I don't think that's it. But I don't know is it possible that my exam can do all this. I really don't want to go down this road again its starting out with bad stomach aches can I just be coming down with a bug

mkeenan
07-11-2013, 05:10 PM
hi. it seems like you have pinpointed the cause and since you have been down this road before you know how it can snowball....dont let it! you are going to pass your exam and it will all be fine. stress causes gas and gas turns into stomach cramps, chest pain, arm and leg pain, and watery stool ( i know disgusting right? ) but these are things that may happen that are normal for your stress level so dont worry if these happen. i hope you feel better soon

Jessicaleanne1992
07-11-2013, 11:10 PM
You may want to lay off the phentermine for a bit until after your test. I found this info "Phentermine merely mimics your body's natural response to stress and uses this to keep your hunger pangs at bay" from the phentermine site (i can't post links yet)
Maybe that's why? I took phenterimine too, and still have some, but I'm afraid to start back on them because my anxiety has been so crazy lately. And they made my eye twitch lol. They wear off wear off quickly so maybe you could try not taking them a couple days? It's worth a try :) I hope you feel better soon!

meshalaw
07-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Well I took my exam today and I passed it so congrats to me! My stomach is still a bundle of nerves so I am stopping taking my diet pills for a while to see what happens so wish me luck

Jessicaleanne1992
07-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Good luck girlie! And congrats!

mkeenan
07-13-2013, 12:00 AM
no more diet pills

meshalaw
07-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Thank both of y'all!

Jessicaleanne1992
07-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Is not taking the phentermine helping? If so at least you know what was causing it, and you could maybe go back on them but cut your dose in half and proceed with caution so to speak :)

meshalaw
07-13-2013, 07:20 PM
The thing is I'm not sure if it was the anxiety from the test or from the pills but its gotten alot better

meshalaw
07-15-2013, 02:20 PM
You know what now that I think about it a couple of weeks ago my sister was visiting and she has a baby who is 2 and he is always playing with the knobs of my washer and dryer and stove a dishwasher in the kitchen and I have a gas stove well he turned on the gas and none knew he had done it i must have been sleep at the time because I usually smell everything like a hound dog so I woke up feeling bad my stomach was hurting and my head hurt and u felt dizzy like I was gonna pass out but I couldn't think what could be wrong with me so it was a couple of hours later my husband came in from going somewhere and he asked why the gas was on and he said it was loud he went in the kitchen and turned it off could that have started my anxiety back up? My sister was also feeling bad to but we couldn't figure out why