PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

charlie87
07-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi guys just need a bit of advice

I've recently been diagnosed with anxiety but haven't had any kind of help with this so far, with the exception of being put on propranolol to help with heart palpitations.

I would really like to get to the bottom of why I feel the way I do and wondered if there is anything anyone could suggest I ask my GP for? Just to talk things through with someone not emotionally attached to me would be great.

I understand NHS funds are stretched right now but I have private medical cover through my work which I could use. I've checked and they cover treatment for stress and anxiety so hopefully I should be able to get sorted.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Charlie x

em1
07-11-2013, 04:38 PM
You can get therapy on the NHS just ask your doctor and the will send a letter out for you to get someone to phone you and book you in :)

meshalaw
07-11-2013, 04:46 PM
What is NHS?

blackopz432
07-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi guys just need a bit of advice

I've recently been diagnosed with anxiety but haven't had any kind of help with this so far, with the exception of being put on propranolol to help with heart palpitations.

I would really like to get to the bottom of why I feel the way I do and wondered if there is anything anyone could suggest I ask my GP for? Just to talk things through with someone not emotionally attached to me would be great.

I understand NHS funds are stretched right now but I have private medical cover through my work which I could use. I've checked and they cover treatment for stress and anxiety so hopefully I should be able to get sorted.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Charlie x

Hey Charlie,

From my understanding of Anxiety people normally get it because there is a root problem, or something that happened to them in the past that make them feel the way they do.

For me it was a heat stroke, I was driving down the high way in about 110 degree heat, and started getting dizzy, I pulled over and wasn't sweating and palm were cold, so I started having a panic attack, but kept my cool pured what I had at the time which was gatorade (lol got pretty sticky) and hopped a fence to the suburb where I knocked on dpor til' people let me in so I could call for a ride and cool down.

It ended up giving me some horrible anxoety about the heat or even being hot, I will even have an attack in a A/C controlled enviroment if I begin to get a little bit hot or have to drive on the highway.

It has bled into everyday life and it started to get worse, example thinking something is wrong with me even though every physical I get I am in perfect health, the mind is a powerful tool of self destruction with anxiety.

Advice would be to sit down and maybe try to think of the trigger or write down the problem at the moment then try figure out the reason it started.

charlie87
07-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Hey blackopz

I would be interested to get to the root of my anxiety, as at the minute there doesn't seem to be a reason why I have the panic attacks, sometimes they come on while I am sitting relaxing with no warning at all.

Writing down things would be a good idea for me, maybe then I'd see if there's a pattern to what's starting me off.

It must be very difficult for you to not be able to deal with heat, especially in summer.

Charlie x