PDA

View Full Version : Hi & thanks

Adam123
07-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone. Just joined tonight. Found this message board - After reading so many topics and comments I had to join. I didn't know so many went through what I do, constant anxiety.

Over thinking pointless things in my head that don't need to be over thought. Why? I don't understand? everything will be ok but why over thinking stuff and over plan simply everyday things in my head. Ive never told anyone just trying to calm things in my head when I can, not easy somedays.

Anyway hi to everyone we can win against anxiety! And after reading this forum I feel better already!

Adam.

str8trippin
07-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Welcome Adam! This is a great forum...I was SO glad I found it a few weeks ago. It was amazing when I realized that there are actually people who know EXACTLY how I'm feeling! You'll find a lot of great people, great suggestions, ideas and resources here! How long have you been dealing with anxiety?

Adam123
07-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Hi - a quick reply that! Probably 18 months. I have no idea what caused it just came on and it's become part of my life I've just got to deal with it. Some days are ok, those days very rare other days are horrible :(

What about you? Hi back too!!

str8trippin
07-11-2013, 02:58 PM
I've had general anxiety my whole life...at least, I'm realizing that now. But my severe anxiety I've been dealing with for about two months now, since the middle of May when I had a major panic attack while driving home from out of town. Like you, some days are okay and some days are horrible...but it seems like I haven't really had a GOOD day in a while now. I'd love to just have one day where I feel like a normal person and don't have anything bothering me!

Adam123
07-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Yup understand. I can't remember the last day I didn't think of over thinking anything. Last week and this hasn't happened for a while my breathing got shorter and my chest got tighter coz I was worrying about something bigger than the day to day worries. Is that any attack?