PDA

View Full Version : Going on a trip

brickyard_red
10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey there! :)

Wow, I'm going on a trip next week with my husband and as the day gets closer and closer I am filled with more and more anxiety about it. We leave next Thursday morning and will be gone until Sunday. We are travelling by car, which I don't really like. :?

My stomach is in knots and I can't eat and am having trouble sleeping. When I do sleep it is filled with bad dreams and nightmares. :cry: I don't like feeling this way and I wish that I could just feel excitment about going like my husband. I tell myself over and over "it will be o.k., it will be o.k. ..........." but it doesn't make it feel any more o.k. in my mind.

Well, I know that nothing can really be done to change this, but it is very comforting to know that I can come here and tell you all this and not feel like I am disappointing anyone. :oops: Which is usually why I just don't tell many people how I am feeling. I keep my anxiety from my husband until I can't control it anymore and have a panic attack and then he has to try and calm me down and drive at the same time and THAT isn't safe! :shock:

Well,, thanks for listening. Talk to you all later.

Cath :)

tuffnstuff
10-10-2005, 10:38 AM
I hope you do well on your trip. I know how it must feel. I have trouble going any where and staying. I cant stay for very long at anyone place. I feel people must think I am crazy. I have to be home.. if I am at home I really dont want to be, but I dont want to leave either. Huge cycle. When I know I have to go some where ahead of time, I am sick in the stomach. At the last minute I get these tension/migraine headaches which I cause from all the stress. I have to take medicine for that every night to , just to keep the headaches in control. Good Luck !

duddits
10-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Brickyard red, we're going to miss you :cry: I know and hope that you'll be fine on your trip, and we hope to see you soon.

brickyard_red
10-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Thank you James. I will miss all of you too. Can't wait to be back home. lol Is that terrible or what?? I should be looking forward to this and getting excited, but to tell you the truth right now all I feel is dread and apprehension. :? I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there around the others, but it's all the driving through major cities that I am dreading! All the traffic and trying to get in the right lane so we stay on course and all that. But, anyways, at least I'll have some good things to talk about once I get home, eh?? lol

We leave tomorrow morning around 9:00 and will be getting home Sunday night sometime. I will definately let you all know how it went when I get home.

miss_moose
12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
hi, i know exactly what you are going through. i have huge panic attacks and feel so ill when i have to go out, especially if i have to travel, i have to on saturday for christmas, which im dreading.
This is what i do though when i have to travel, even if its just for 5 minutes. i take my "comfort bag". i reccomend that you have one too. in my comfort bag i take everything i think i'll need just incase i have a panic attack, even if you dont use it, its comforting knowing its wih you. in mine i have a hot water bottle (if its a long journey i take a spare flask of boiling water too) because the hot water bottle helps ease stomach ache. i also take plenty of tissue (a toilet rool much to the amuzment of my boyf :wink: ), some puzzle books, pens, magazines and my mobile phone. then if i do panic i have things to do to keep my mind off it. ooh and at least 2 drinks and a bottle of cold water to drink or to dab on my face if i get too hot while panicing. a mini fan too if its hot. its a big comfort bag but it really helps, i cant go anywhere with out it. i hope this helps you too xxx

brickyard_red
12-22-2005, 04:13 PM
First of all let me say Welcome. I'm glad to see you here. :)
Second, that is a great idea. I do carry things up in the car with me, but I never put it all down in a bag. I make sure I have my purse, I carry the world in my purse, I carry puzzle books too. I also take along books on CD so we can pop those in and listen. They take my mind off of the trip for a little while at least. But it seems my hardest part is when I know we are coming up to a city. I don't know why, but cities panic me so bad. I mean, just sitting here writing about it my stomach is clamping and I have wild butterflies in there. It's horrible!

Anyway, when I'm away from home on a trip, I feel sick all the time and can't eat. It's great for the waist line. Hehehehe I panic on the way down there and then I worry about the trip back the whole time I"m gone. :roll: My husband loves to travel, so I get to go through this quite often. But, at least it's not ALL the time. lol

Thanks for replying. And I wish you a speedy and fullfilling trip. I'm sure you will enjoy seeing friends or family, which ever it is you're going to visit. I'll keep you in mind also. Let us know how it went when you get back. Hang in there! Later gator.

miss_moose
12-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Oh that was so bad. i'm so thankful and glad to be home again. it was the worst christmas ever. from christmas eve night my first panic attack hit a full blown panic attack which lasted ages, then i was just really really panicy, then i had some more massive panic attacks. i eventually got to sleep around 3am but kept waking up really panicy. christmas morning i had a few more panic attacks, i couldnt even go downstairs to open my presents so they had to be brought up to me.
i dont know what i'd have done without my mum there...and my mobile. i had to keep texting her to tell her i was having panic attacks.
i've never been that bad before...ever. i dont know whats wrong with me. im still shaky today. its really knocked me for 6 and frightend me into seeing seeing my family or my boyfrends family for a very long time.
has anyone else had something like this?
weldone to everyone who survived christmas though and hugs to everyone who did the family thing, its hard for people with these fears but we did it! :)