PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety ruined my life :(

Philip76
07-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone my very first post on here

I have suffered with depression/anxiety for nearly 3 years now and it's so awful,always worried about different things :( I take venaflaxine 225mg but still having problems.My parents might be separating and it's made me alot worse I feel terrible,don't know what to do anymore :(

str8trippin
07-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey Philip, welcome to the forum! This forum is a great place to find support and resources for what you are going through...a lot of us can relate! I'm sure that tension in your parents' relationship could be making your anxiety level go up...that's a stressful situation. Is most of your anxiety about stressful situations like that in your life, or do you have health anxiety, etc.? Most of my anxiety is health related, and then when stressful situations pile up on me I just go over the top. Just remember to stay positive!

Philip76
07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Hey Philip, welcome to the forum! This forum is a great place to find support and resources for what you are going through...a lot of us can relate! I'm sure that tension in your parents' relationship could be making your anxiety level go up...that's a stressful situation. Is most of your anxiety about stressful situations like that in your life, or do you have health anxiety, etc.? Most of my anxiety is health related, and then when stressful situations pile up on me I just go over the top. Just remember to stay positive!

Hi thanks for the reply

Yeah mainly about stressful situations,I'm always worried about different things,if I hear someone I know that we arguing it sets me off or stupid things like mail I receive from postman with my name on I start panicking wondering what's in the letter

I'm feeling terrible at the moment because of what's happening with parents,my mum is very upset and it's making me worse :(

fuzzylilkisses
07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Do you see your doctor or a therapist? Maybe talking to a professional would help? I hope you feel better soon.

Philip76
07-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Do you see your doctor or a therapist? Maybe talking to a professional would help? I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you

I've been to psychiatrist but didn't really talk to me just changing my medication,I will see my doctor on Tuesday

fuzzylilkisses
07-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Thats really good that you are seeing a doctor. Everyone needs help and support. I hope it goes well for you.