PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling so hot

Stephj526
07-11-2013, 10:10 AM
The last few days, or week really, have been less than stellar. Today I have a lot of head pressure like I used to feel before I started Lexapro. I haven't felt it since, but it's back.

And my vision keeps changing. It's hard to focus my eyes when I look at anything quickly or look far away.

I know I haven't been sleeping great, and I'm probably under more stress. But it's starting to worry me.

I currently take 5mg Lexapro. Thinking about increasing to 10mg, but really don't want to increase meds if I don't have to. And then I worry what if its not the anxiety. Ugh.

str8trippin
07-11-2013, 10:17 AM
The last few days, or week really, have been less than stellar. Today I have a lot of head pressure like I used to feel before I started Lexapro. I haven't felt it since, but it's back.

And my vision keeps changing. It's hard to focus my eyes when I look at anything quickly or look far away.

I know I haven't been sleeping great, and I'm probably under more stress. But it's starting to worry me.

I currently take 5mg Lexapro. Thinking about increasing to 10mg, but really don't want to increase meds if I don't have to. And then I worry what if its not the anxiety. Ugh.

I'm way more familiar with the head pressure than I would like to be! It's miserable, and I keep wondering how it could possibly just be anxiety causing it because it feels so awful. Doctors keep insisting they are tension headaches though, and nothing serious, but I just had neck x-rays done to check if anything is out of alignment that could be causing so much tension. By far one of my worst symptoms, and one that I've had consistently for weeks now. What does yours feel like? The lack of good sleep could also be contributing...and medications to me are like a band-aid. The same thing happens when I take Ibuprofen or Tylenol. If I take one or the other too much, it stops doing anything.

Stephj526
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Glad to hear yours is not serious. And hope you feel better.

My head pressure typically feels like my brain is trying to turn sideways. Or that my head is huge or an out of body feeling.

str8trippin
07-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, if it's any comfort, mine feels the same way...like my brain is swelling up and getting too big for my head...and the pressure moves, for me, sometimes it's all in the back, sometimes only one side, sometimes in the front...I get a waves of dizziness with it, like I'm standing on a boat or something...and the amount of tension in my neck and shoulders is absolutely ridiculous. It's really an awful feeling, so I can totally relate. So far I've been assured by an ER doctor and my primary that it is a tension headache and neither had reason to think it was anything really serious from what I described, other than a minor muscular, nerve, or bone related issue that was causing the tension.