PDA

View Full Version : is this a intrusive thought?

mglover92
07-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Saw a picture of my Ex with another dude holding each other at sunset. Immediately began to get a fast heart rate, shortness of breath, upset stomach, everything. Also was a little shocked because it was unexpected. All the what if thoughts entered my mind. I have a really big fear of taking my life. The "omg, this is bad, does this upset me, does this make me want to kill myself? Do i feel like killing myself now" thought entered my mind. It caused me even more anxiety. Is this a intrusive thought? I have had this before and managed to make it go away but that just triggered it again..bummer.

Marlow
07-11-2013, 08:48 AM
I get them too about suicide. I dont want to do it but it feels like I think about it because it gives me anxiety. Thats what the anxiety does, figures out what scares you and makes you think about that. It sucks, i know. They are just intrusive thoughts. you will be fine.

JCX
07-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Im deathly afraid of being suicidal aswell. My grandfather killed himself and so did a cousin of mine. My grandfather who is still alive has wanted to kill hinself many tines. So suicide terrifies the crap out of me.