PDA

View Full Version : Paxil has it worked for you and how long?

fergie
09-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Hello, I was just prescribed to try paxil and I was wondering if anyone out that who's taking it can tell me how long it took to take effect??

How long can I expect to wait to feel a difference in my symptoms?

Thanks,

CallMeCrazy
09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
BE SURE you need it. It's very hard to stop taking and you will get terrible withdrawal symptoms. It can take a few weeks to get into your system and start working.

jrreed360
09-22-2007, 01:23 PM
well, im only on my second day of paxil, but i already feel the side effects of tiredness(im yawning all the time) and digestive trouble. Nothing real bad, but i hate being tired.

ImatypeA
09-23-2007, 02:58 PM
hated paxil - zero sex drive. On lexapro with fatigue symptom only when changing doses. Has worked great with me..

Capt-Hook
09-26-2007, 08:55 AM
My brother loathes this drug. He's been addicted without the need for it for some time. I started taking it a few days ago and can already feel some side effects. I get really hot spells, fatigue, weakness. The doctor says these should go away after a week or two. It's normal for your symptoms to be worse when you first start taking the drug.

Portland
09-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I can't really speak for Paxil but I've been on Fluoxetine (Prozac) 20mg for about 2 months and I feel great. I finally feel like myself again and don't even get anxious when I first wake up in the morning which was always the worst for me. I am also happier and have less social phobia. I have to say it does take awhile to feel good on the SSRI's. I was initially extremely tired and more anxious but most side effects will go away within a couple of months....with the exception of no sex drive. But that is a trade off I'm willing to make at the moment.

Gouch99
09-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Never tried Paxil - but almost everything else. I am from the UK - and am on Diazapam at the moment - 5mg a day - and more if I need it. But I feel as though I need alchohol aswell as the Diazapam to go out - pretty dangerous cocktail.
But - if not I feel as though I would never go out. Has anybody got ideas if Paxil is better or not?