PDA

View Full Version : Please help high blood pressure bad anxiety!!!!

Blessed
07-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Still At work and we are under extreme stress right now I have checked my blood pressure all day it was up. Now the more I check it its now 133/ 102!!!!! Oh please help should I be alarmed I'm on bp meds but right now it's not touching it. Please help me calm down. The girls at work make fun because I check my blood pressure so much. So far checked it 7 or 8 times please help me I can't calm down right now took two Ativan!!

Shepard
07-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Mine shoots up to 160-150/100 when I'd have an attack. High BP during anxiety is totally normal and nothing to be worried about, it's just your body reacting to the flight or fight response. It's only a concern if it's constantly high, meaning every day all day for weeks.

Breath through it and think positively, I guarantee you once you relax it'll go down.

Here's a scripture to reflect on and think about. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+91&version=NLT

Blessed
07-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Mine shoots up to 160-150/100 when I'd have an attack. High BP during anxiety is totally normal and nothing to be worried about, it's just your body reacting to the flight or fight response. It's only a concern if it's constantly high, meaning every day all day for weeks.

Breath through it and think positively, I guarantee you once you relax it'll go down.

Here's a scripture to reflect on and think about. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+91&version=NLT

ThAnk you much needed!!! Scriptures always help me I just get so caught up in my health drama that I don't take time to listen. I know God will help me if I just let him

anthonyjbro760
07-09-2013, 11:57 PM
I had a attack and my Bp was 162/123

onebreathatatime
07-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Still At work and we are under extreme stress right now I have checked my blood pressure all day it was up. Now the more I check it its now 133/ 102!!!!! Oh please help should I be alarmed I'm on bp meds but right now it's not touching it. Please help me calm down. The girls at work make fun because I check my blood pressure so much. So far checked it 7 or 8 times please help me I can't calm down right now took two Ativan!!

167/107 is my highest and I'm still alive and well!! It's normal for it to fluctuate during stress, after eating, exercise, everything! I bet once you calmed down and took it, it was normal. :) P.S. you should limit yourself to how much you check it.... As in maybe once a week when you're calm. And don't check it when your anxious! :)

Blessed
07-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Wow . Some of those pressures would send my anxious mind into orbit. How often do y'all get high pressures like this and how long did they stay that high?

joey361
07-10-2013, 07:37 AM
When I was in nursing school, we had to do clinicals at area hospitals. I was constantly checking my o2 saturation. It eventually got to the point to where I would carry my own o2 saturation monitor in my pocket. I would freak out if it wasn't near 100%. Most people with anxieties/panic are for the most part ... intelligent. Unlike those that run around without thinking of any consequences. I would recommend to you; 1st do what you can to naturally bring down your bp ex. NO SALT, NO CAFFIENE, NO SUGARS, ADEQUATE/QUALITY SLEEP, A LIL EXCERCISE, HEALTHIER OR SMALLER PORTION DIET, ... ETC. 2nd visit your Doctor (you might need a new bp medication) and 3rd RELAX /STAY CALM :) ... also when at work try to find interest in everything, make conversations and make an effort to find interest in whatever the topic is. This will help keep your mind occupied and unable to wander.
P.s. my highest diastol was 120 during a panic attack at a wal-mart. A friend who is a paramedic was shopping called the ambulance service he worked for (lol the hospital was across the street from the wal-mart) ... after taking my bp I was given nitro paste sublingular. (I forgot to mention I had a headache for weeks which immediately went away after administration of the nitro) turned out I needed bp med. Now much better! ;) Good Luck!!!

Blessed
07-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Like right now my bp is 128/92 pulse 90 and that really scares me because that is not my normal. I am not anxious or panicky just sitting in my chair

locksey
07-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Like right now my bp is 128/92 pulse 90 and that really scares me because that is not my normal. I am not anxious or panicky just sitting in my chair

U check my pulse if I'm having an attack but not blood pressure ... A lot ov people on here talk about checking their BP ... ( is that an American thing ) ?
As in a lot ov people have their own machine ?

Blessed
07-10-2013, 09:35 AM
U check my pulse if I'm having an attack but not blood pressure ... A lot ov people on here talk about checking their BP ... ( is that an American thing ) ?
As in a lot ov people have their own machine ?

I have my own machine biggest mistake of my life. I fear if I don't check it and it happens to be up and stay up, something bad will happen!!!

Blessed
07-11-2013, 02:27 PM

Now it's 148/97 hr 93 what can I do this is really scaring me please give me advise

fuzzylilkisses
07-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Maybe you could ring a professional for advice or go to the hospital?

Blessed
07-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Maybe you could ring a professional for advice or go to the hospital?

With my insurance if you go to ER and OTC not life threatening they will not pay a dime. This happened to me in April and they are trying to stick me with a 1200 balance. I'm appealing it tho

fuzzylilkisses
07-11-2013, 03:36 PM
That is crap! Can you call a free hotline and ask for advice? Or get into to see a doctor?

Blessed
07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
That is crap! Can you call a free hotline and ask for advice? Or get into to see a doctor?

I left two messages for my doc I know they think I'm paranoid. But that doesn't help me

fuzzylilkisses
07-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Can u find another doctor? Or like I said a medical hotline.

Blessed
07-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Can u find another doctor? Or like I said a medical hotline.

I am so distraut and to explain all my crap to another doc would be torture to us both. I know a hotline would tell me to go to ER and my insurance won't cover anxiety related issues like this so I'm at a loss

Shepard
07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Now it's 148/97 hr 93 what can I do this is really scaring me please give me advise

That's really nothing to worry about, I know it's higher than your normal, but really..it's only due to your intense anxiety. Your heart rate is also within normal range(60-100) and nothing to worry about. You've been checked out by your docs, they found nothing concerning, it's time to buck up now, look fear in the face and tell it to go screw itself. You have to make an effort to keep calm or these symptoms are just going to get worse and plague you longer. You are perfectly healthy, your anxious mind just won't accept that, you have to make it accept it, you have power over your mind. Scripture says that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and of a sound mind. A sound mind means a calm, confident trust in him to keep us, who trust in him safe. You are safe because He loves you, and because He loves you, He will not allow anything catastrophic to happen to you, that's a promise He made, He doesn't go back on his promises, He's not a liar. All you need to do is sit back and trust him. You're fine, healthy and safe.

I'll give you a common reason why your BP is higher than usual that'll hopefully calm you down some. When you're feeling anxious, your body tenses up, which then causes your blood vessels to constrict, because they're constricted, your BP gets higher and HR goes up, it's a natural process and nothing dangerous. You asked how you can stop yourself from checking your BP so often? Get rid of the machine. Throw it out or give it to someone else, get it out of your home. Do you have a Bible? If you do, pick it up and read instead of checking your pressure, ask Him to guide you to His promises. Doing this is a major reason why I feel so much better than I did even a month ago. The Bible says draw near to God, and He will draw near to you, so draw near to Him by reading His word, and He will give you his overwhelming peace that surpasses all understanding.

Blessed
07-11-2013, 05:14 PM
That's really nothing to worry about, I know it's higher than your normal, but really..it's only due to your intense anxiety. Your heart rate is also within normal range(60-100) and nothing to worry about. You've been checked out by your docs, they found nothing concerning, it's time to buck up now, look fear in the face and tell it to go screw itself. You have to make an effort to keep calm or these symptoms are just going to get worse and plague you longer. You are perfectly healthy, your anxious mind just won't accept that, you have to make it accept it, you have power over your mind, scripture says that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. A sound mind means a calm, confident trust in him to keep us, who trust in him safe, you are safe because He loves you, because He loves you, He will not allow you anything horrible to happen to you, that's a promise He made, He doesn't go back on his promises, He's not a liar. All you need to do is sit back and trust him. You're fine, healthy and safe.

I'll give you a common reason why your BP is higher than usua that'll hopefully calm you down somel. When you're feeling anxious, your body tenses up, which then causes your blood vessels to constrict, because they constricted, your BP gets higher and HR goes up, it's a natural process and nothing dangerous. You asked how you can stop yourself from checking your BP so often? Get rid of the machine. Throw it out or give it to someone else, get it out of your home. Do you have a Bible? If you do, pick it up and read, ask Him to guide you to his promises. Doing this is a major reason why I feel so much better than I did even a month ago. The Bible says draw near to God, and he will draw near to you, so draw near to Him by reading His word, and he will give you his overwhelming peace that surpasses all understanding.

This is awesome and I feel better already praise God!!!! Thank you for being a blessing to me when I really needed to hear this the most. May God bless you !!

missmello
07-12-2013, 08:02 AM
When I went for my exercise stress test a few days ago, they took my blood pressure every time they increased the speed of the treadmill.. and every time my blood pressure was a little higher. The nurse said this is normal and what they expect to see, because as you are more active or as your heart rate increases, your heart needs more pressure to push the blood through your body.

So if you're panicking, naturally your blood pressure will rise. It is all related to your stress response, and clearly you are stressed! lol

You are fine, and nothing is going to happen. Remember I posted a few days ago? my heart rate was 140 and I hadn't even gotten on the treadmill yet, and the nurses weren't concerned at all.. and neither was I, really, because I was obviously freaking myself out. It's all anxiety!

My advice to you.. get rid of your blood pressure cuff. It is fueling your panic and only making you feel worse. Constant checking is not going to help your mental state.

Blessed
07-12-2013, 08:38 AM
When I went for my exercise stress test a few days ago, they took my blood pressure every time they increased the speed of the treadmill.. and every time my blood pressure was a little higher. The nurse said this is normal and what they expect to see, because as you are more active or as your heart rate increases, your heart needs more pressure to push the blood through your body.

So if you're panicking, naturally your blood pressure will rise. It is all related to your stress response, and clearly you are stressed! lol

You are fine, and nothing is going to happen. Remember I posted a few days ago? my heart rate was 140 and I hadn't even gotten on the treadmill yet, and the nurses weren't concerned at all.. and neither was I, really, because I was obviously freaking myself out. It's all anxiety!

My advice to you.. get rid of your blood pressure cuff. It is fueling your panic and only making you feel worse. Constant checking is not going to help your mental state.

When my docs nurse called back to check on me they ask me to stop the antibiotics completely and ask how my bp was. It was a little better today but when I told them it had ran 130-150/90-103 she was like oh wow that's not good!!!! Totally FREAKED me out. Do you let things like that bother you? I mean how long can your bottom number stay at 100 before it causes a heart attack??

Blessed
07-12-2013, 08:43 AM
When my docs nurse called back to check on me they ask me to stop the antibiotics completely and ask how my bp was. It was a little better today but when I told them it had ran 130-150/90-103 she was like oh wow that's not good!!!! Totally FREAKED me out. Do you let things like that bother you? I mean how long can your bottom number stay at 100 before it causes a heart attack??

To fill you in my doc put me on cipro for possible UTI And since then my bp has been very elevated! I was taking bp meds and cipro antibiotic at same time, maybe it was canceling out my bp meds. Ever heard of that ?