PDA

View Full Version : Depression and anxiety

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Sometimes i get confused. I do have the normal panic and anxiety.! All the symptoms! But is depression brought on by anxiety. ?? Cause this sucks. I get into deep thoughts. Sometimes i feel like id rather b gone then deal with this crap daily then i instantly snap out of it when i think of my kids. I dont feel like i would do anything self inflicted. And i only feel like this when im not doing anything but laying here thinking! when my mind is busy its the least on my mind .. Except the panicky feeling can stick around. But depression is only when im really not doing anything. Plus my sleep for the last few months is really screwed up. I go to bed at 3 am And i wake up at lunch. And the rest of the day im blahh.. Please help

leetbulldog
07-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Same here I go to bed at 3am and wake up close to 12pm.. I think our sleeping pattern has to with how bad our anxiety can get during the day.. but sometimes I feel so confused cuz I try and sleep early, eat well, exercise and still feel sick :/

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Ugh i hate it.. Idk what to do.. Do u take meds??

leetbulldog
07-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Ugh i hate it.. Idk what to do.. Do u take meds??

No.. I stay away from all that. Do u take meds??

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Hell no.. Too scared

leetbulldog
07-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Hell no.. Too scared

Yea same here.. Maybe we should considered taking Magnesium.. there is this thread about magnesium.. I'm gonna go get some today..maybe you should aswell.. won't hurt to try right :)

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Tried to msg u... Full lol

leetbulldog
07-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Tried to msg u... Full lol

Lol I fixed it

Dcoito
07-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Sometimes i get confused. I do have the normal panic and anxiety.! All the symptoms! But is depression brought on by anxiety. ?? Cause this sucks. I get into deep thoughts. Sometimes i feel like id rather b gone then deal with this crap daily then i instantly snap out of it when i think of my kids. I dont feel like i would do anything self inflicted. And i only feel like this when im not doing anything but laying here thinking! when my mind is busy its the least on my mind .. Except the panicky feeling can stick around. But depression is only when im really not doing anything. Plus my sleep for the last few months is really screwed up. I go to bed at 3 am And i wake up at lunch. And the rest of the day im blahh.. Please help

Are you on meds? Yes anxiety and depression can pair up in some people. They both have to do with your thought process. What is the root of your anxiety? You know that when you have down time your thoughts take over fueling the depression, and adding to your anxiety as well. So when you lay back make it more positive time for you! Listen to a guided meditation on YouTube. Practice deep breathing techniques to relax. Take any bad thoughts that creep in and reverse them into a good one. Make the bad thoughts look black and white in your mind, and the good thought bright and colorful! It takes time, but you gotta reach deep inside and retrain your thoughts! Never fear them, as fear is what makes it stronger! Just let them pass by. And replace them. Like taking down an old decrepit building, and rebuilding a new beautiful one! One brick at a time!

Same with anxiety! You need not fear anxiety as its just something our body dose as a fight or flight response to protect ourself. It is not harmful, and will never kill you!
The sensations suck! I agree. But if you welcome them to get as bad as they can get. And stay calm, and clear your thoughts. You will then have less, and less. Until none at all! You must just relax and do deep breathing during a panic attack! Never run from it or try to avoid it! That just keeps it around! Stay right where you are and tell it to go ahead! Your not afraid anymore! And breath in through the nose, hold foe count of 3 breath out Repeat until you calm down! You will see that your ok! And will feel very confident! A good attack can last up to 30 min. Doesn't mean yours will! But just sit tight! You will glad you did!

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 03:58 PM
I been eating sunflower seeds for 3 days and i feel so much better.. It took the edge off alot. And guess what.. Sunflower seeds are high in magnesium :)

leetbulldog
07-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I been eating sunflower seeds for 3 days and i feel so much better.. It took the edge off alot. And guess what.. Sunflower seeds are high in magnesium :)

Wow really??

Dcoito
07-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Oh ya try camomile tea one hour before bed, listen to nature sounds. Free app, or on YouTube. Relaxing. Also do deep breathing and concentrate on the air as it passes thro the nose and out!

Dcoito
07-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Tryptophan is found in pumpkinseeds as well. Good for anxiety, and sleep! Full of amino acids!

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Thats dcoito.. Its hard to stay focused all the time. And hard to train ur mind and body to do right.. No matter what. I dont like meds. I wanna fight this without meds

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Yes.. Sunflower and pumpkin seeds are high in magnesium and are working alot faster then some suppliments. Food is better absorbed into ur body then suplliments. But if ur severely deficient u will need suppliments..

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry about typos lol

Dcoito
07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Didn't say it was easy! Nothing about anxiety is easy! But it's a must! It all depends on how fed up you are.

laurentellez
07-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I know.. Everyday is a battle. Hoping that i can overcome alot of things. This anxiety just hit me like a bus.. Idk where it came from

leetbulldog
07-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Can't send u nomore messages Lauren! Lol ur full