PDA

View Full Version : please read me,anxious.

lissy
09-17-2007, 04:02 AM
hello all,
I am desperate for some advice, someone to talk to.
Am having bad morning, didn't want to go and bother the doctors yet again!
Firstly I have had panic anxiety for around two years, have been on citalopram for nine months. I have been feeling fine for past few months, then this morning out of the blue awakening in bed this this morning, still laying down I had a little flutter in my heart(normal for me!), checked my pulse(always do that), and i thought I couldn't find my pulse, I then felt immense panic and felt so faint I thought I was going to faint in bed, so I sat up and still felt very faint, this continued for around five minutes I thought my time was up, I'm gonna die in bed with my poor children downstairs.

What worries me most is that I haven't had an attack where it was so bad and out of the blue like that, and especially feeling so faint while lying down, and all morning I've been and anxious and feeling back to square one and this is my last day on earth. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that have just started to give up smoking and have started driving lessons.

I feel despair of the thought of going through this again when I thought I was getting somewhere.
sorry this was so long winded, can someone please help and shed some light on this?
It would be so appreciated, I have no-one to talk to about this.
love from lissy.

ImatypeA
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Learning to drive is really scary. And trying to stop smoking must be hard as well. Plus you are probably trying to quit smoking for a reason - a reason that might produce guilt, fear etc. You could be afraid of failing at both of these things. That would certainly make me stressed and stress will absolutely make your heart flutter which gives you an outlet for any fear you might be having about these other two things - suddenly you are dying and it is ok to be afraid.

That is how it always works for me. I have to work backwards from the physical issue to the emotional issue that is producing it.

Be strong and remember to look both ways before pulling into the intersection :)