PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to approach this, but here it goes...

want2befree
07-08-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm a 28 y/o female. I've suffered from social anxiety from as long as I can remember..grade school probably. I remember always being intimated to speak in conversations or afraid to walk in front of a group of people. I'm scared to join in conversations, my mind blanks out or I get flustered and studder. I do have a few close friends but I have a hard time staying in contact or being a consistent part of their lives. I don't know why, I guess I feel like I'm bothering them or maybe they don't care to have me around. Anyway, I'm at a point in my life where I don't want it to be this way anymore. I want to be part of their lives and for them to be part of mine. I want to have weekend plans and hangout and have fun. I want to be able to make new friends as well. I just don't know where to start or how to overcome my fears.

serendipity34
07-19-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm an 18 y/o female with a similar problem. I'e had pretty bad social anxiety since grade school. I don't want to bother my friends and I feel rejection upon initiation. My mind goes blank as well. So I hate discussion-based courses and that sort of thing. It's a constant struggle. Have you tried therapy/medication of any sort?

octopus
07-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I used to be the same way till about 11th grade. Im 18 and going to college this fall. Anyway, i slowly like just stop caring what people thought about me. In the end it doesent matter. Just slowly talk to people just be yourself. It sucks but once u start a convo or anything the hard part is over. Its tough but it can be overcome.