PDA

View Full Version : Allergic reaction??

Stephj526
07-06-2013, 07:48 PM
So in an effort not to google, I'm going to post here. I was just shopping and my thumb started to swell. The fingertip got very hard and became hard to bend. None of my other fingers are effected.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me and I've obviously been ok every other time, but of course now I'm anxious. And now I keep getting sensations like my lips are tingly and then I worry about my tongue swelling. Ahh, I'm crazy I swear.

frankzito
07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
You think maybe a hive at the end of your thumb? I could see if you over worked it or something. But harmless I'm sure

Stephj526
07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
No hive that I can see. But I'm sure you're right, its probably harmless.

frankzito
07-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I have spots on my body that swell up. On my forearm I get a hive once in a while, at least that's what I think it is . It comes and goes. I get it on the roof of my mouth also. You can feel em but they don't get red or nothing. They disappear overnight . I've wonder what they are. I always thought hives lol . Be Well...

Shepard
07-06-2013, 09:19 PM
I've had this before, carrying a plastic bag home from the grocery store and noticed my thumb on the hand that was carrying the bag going numb, itching then swelling("getting hard") never experienced the tingling lips though. It usually went away after a couple hours.

Try a benadryl if it happens again.