PDA

View Full Version : Indigestion

Nikki01
07-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Has anyone experienced indigestion as a sign of anxiety? I have this burning sensation in my chest and back?

Jessicaleanne1992
07-06-2013, 10:39 AM
I have. It's like my stomach completely shuts down when I'm freaking out. I can't keep any food down, it just comes back up. My doctor told me that stress halts digestion, and that's where stomach issues come into play. My stomach is still iffy when I'm doing okay. Slow digestion, heartburn, gas pains etc. Could you go on some heartburn medications? Maybe you could eat smaller meals more frequently? Try to eat foods that are easy to digest? Or try some probiotics and digestive enzymes. I hope you feel better soon!

Bam77
07-06-2013, 10:51 AM
I ended up in the ER with chest pain/pressure. I couldn't breathe. They tested everything and it turned out to be indigestion

Nikki01
07-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Yes I ended up in the er too with chest pain and couldn't breathe and of course everything is normal...which of course is good!! But at the same time when your anxiety is bothering you, you feel like something has to be wrong :/

Bam77
07-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah, it definitely sucks. Im still not convinced even with perfect blood work :(