PDA

View Full Version : Toradol and Phenergen...Why Do I Feel SO Horrible!

str8trippin
07-05-2013, 10:07 AM
So, I went to the ER last night at the suggestion of a 24 hour nurse advice line through my insurance because of the tension headaches I've been having consistently for the past couple of weeks, at least. I explained my anxiety situation to her, and that I don't like running to the ER all the time because I never know what I should be worried about and what is just my anxiety, but she said I should go ahead and go if it was bothering me enough that I would call the hotline. So the ER doctor gave me two shots, Toradol and Phenergen, and I feel AWFUL! I can't even tell if it helped with the headache! She told me it would make me feel really sleepy and relaxed and be able to get some rest, but instead of sleepy and relaxed it just made me feel groggy and I didn't sleep at all because of how on edge and horrible I felt...I also had horrible cotton mouth that was making it difficult to swallow, that water wasn't helping, and that was setting off my anxiety! Now this morning I'm feeling dizzy and lightheaded and just generally not good...and I keep checking my pulse, which was a habit I had completely kicked. Has anyone ever taken these before? I know they give these medications for migraines frequently...why do they have to make me feel so bad?!