PDA

View Full Version : Nauseous feeling from anxiety

stephanie3126
07-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Hey all.. at the start of my anxiety I was barely eating and throwing up everything. I probably didn't eat anything for 3-4 days straight and I slowly got back to normal. I've been eating quite healthy, sticking to veggies and fruit, lot of soup, whole wheat with cream cheese etc you get the idea. Anyway, a few days back I wondered now that my stomach is settling I should try a few Lays chips to see how my body takes it. I take not even a bowl full and I'm fine. I take this as a good sign.

So last night my dad has a BBQ and he makes hot dogs and ribs. So I'm thinking well I've had some chips so maybe I'll be fine. WRONG. A few bites in and I feel absolutely terrible. I know for sure I am not sick with anything because I have been eating with no problems for a week or so. And I'm surely convinced that hot dog was horrible for me. On top of that I had some Canada Dry which may or may not have made it worse (it wasn't flat). I barely slept all night, had an off and on panic attack and I threw up when I woke up in the morning and now I don't even want to look or smell food.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should people with anxiety avoid fatty foods and things of that nature altogether? I'm thinking if this keeps up I have to cut hot dogs from my diet completely. And if so maybe list some foods I should avoid when I'm having bad anxiety. Keep in mind I'm new to this whole thing, I've maybe had bad anxiety for about a month and some change so I'm still learning. Thanks so much to anyone for your help

Dcoito
07-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Well cutting out fatty foods is good for everyone! The stomach is part of the nervous system, so for a lot of suffers of anxiety has stomach issues. Mine was pretty bad, and like you, I could not even stand the smell of food! While your in the center of your anxiety. You should eat more healthy! Eat small meals tho out the day. I had to go to bland foods like crackers, soup, toast, jello, bananas, and nuts, yogurt is also good. Until my anxiety levels came down. I lost weight , but for me that was a good thing!
Are you on any medication?

stephanie3126
07-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Well cutting out fatty foods is good for everyone! The stomach is part of the nervous system, so for a lot of suffers of anxiety has stomach issues. Mine was pretty bad, and like you, I could not even stand the smell of food! While your in the center of your anxiety. You should eat more healthy! Eat small meals tho out the day. I had to go to bland foods like crackers, soup, toast, jello, bananas, and nuts, yogurt is also good. Until my anxiety levels came down. I lost weight , but for me that was a good thing!
Are you on any medication?
Nope, no medication as of right now. I guess no fatty foods for me right now and that's alright with me, and i'm also losing weight. How did you overcome the stomach issues, if you did?

Dcoito
07-05-2013, 09:26 AM
I did. I'm on medication. I take 20 MG Paxil. In the beginning I also took Ativan. As I adjusted to the Paxil. I started Paxil at a very low dose, and slowly increased to 20.

Now I no longer need the Ativan , but I still carry it around as a friend! LOL. As your anxiety levels decrease so will the stomach issues, as they are all connected. Mine lasted a good month after starting medication, however I'm still getting the occasional diarrhea , but not as bad as I was! My stomach was very unsettled and made loud noises all the time. I never did vomit, as I would do anything to avoid it! I hate that! But I came close. But the diarrhea was quite annoying for me! LOL.

stephanie3126
07-05-2013, 10:06 AM
I did. I'm on medication. I take 20 MG Paxil. In the beginning I also took Ativan. As I adjusted to the Paxil. I started Paxil at a very low dose, and slowly increased to 20.

Now I no longer need the Ativan , but I still carry it around as a friend! LOL. As your anxiety levels decrease so will the stomach issues, as they are all connected. Mine lasted a good month after starting medication, however I'm still getting the occasional diarrhea , but not as bad as I was! My stomach was very unsettled and made loud noises all the time. I never did vomit, as I would do anything to avoid it! I hate that! But I came close. But the diarrhea was quite annoying for me! LOL.
Oh gosh, I'm the same way when it comes to vomitting. I absolutely detest it. I'd rather have diarrhea ten times over. But sometimes it just has to happen and you might feel better after. That's the only positive I can take out from it lol. I had diarrhea in the beginning but now my stools are quite normal looking, thankfully. We'll see what happens.

stef82412
07-05-2013, 11:03 AM
I get it all the time! I get to a point where I can't keep anything done but just remember think positive and keep your mind thinking good thoughts and it will make you happier! Don't give up!!