PDA

View Full Version : Please help me im losing my mind here.

Blessed
07-05-2013, 06:56 AM
My symptoms are driving me nuts please help me here! My mind races out of control. The thought the worries the fears the concerns won't stop. My mind is constantly thinking what if this and what if that. My anxiety is at a new level and not a good one. So afraid to start another anxiety med. please help. My mind will not slow down especially at night. I just want to be normal, my OCD is insane right now. Everyone insists I am fine why can't I BELIEVE THAT

Blessed
07-05-2013, 06:59 AM
My symptoms are driving me nuts please help me here! My mind races out of control. The thought the worries the fears the concerns won't stop. My mind is constantly thinking what if this and what if that. My anxiety is at a new level and not a good one. So afraid to start another anxiety med. please help. My mind will not slow down especially at night. I just want to be normal, my OCD is insane right now. Everyone insists I am fine why can't I BELIEVE THAT

My insides feel like jello and they shake and vibrate and my mind won't slow down long enough to realize that I'm OK!!!!! I constantly have this irrational fear of death and doom and I'm sick of letting it pull me down please help!!!

em1
07-05-2013, 07:22 AM
What do you fear is going to happen?

stephanie3126
07-05-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. The only thing I can recommend is for your night trouble, try to distract yourself with a movie or a TV show you like. I even go on youtube and I'm there for hours and hours just watching random videos. It's not a permanent solution by any means but it does help you think of other things. Look for things that make you laugh, so a comedy or something. I know it's cliche but laughter sometimes can be the best medicine and it does reduce your stress levels. Good luck and I hope you feel better

Blessed
07-05-2013, 07:52 AM
What do you fear is going to happen?

Like I'm going to die , stop breathing, have a heart attack, allergic reaction, throat close up, cancer, tumor, something happen to a loved one, and feel like all this at the same time. I'm even dreaming about my dad getting cancer. My mind will not let up. I am so SICK AND TIRED OF THINKING THIS WAY!!!! I don't want this to be my thought process anymore

em1
07-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Like I'm going to die , stop breathing, have a heart attack, allergic reaction, throat close up, cancer, tumor, something happen to a loved one, and feel like all this at the same time. I'm even dreaming about my dad getting cancer. My mind will not let up. I am so SICK AND TIRED OF THINKING THIS WAY!!!! I don't want this to be my thought process anymore

Ok none of this is going to happen,I know your mind is going around and around and it fuels your anxiety This is why you can't turn off,if you learn to accept the thoughts your having and tell your anxiety this is nothing to fear then your anxiety will slowly get less and less

Blessed
07-05-2013, 08:35 AM
I sure hope so enough is enough!!!!

em1
07-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I sure hope so enough is enough!!!!

Belive me I'm going through the same thing as you with intrusive thoughts so I know how scary it can be

Blessed
07-05-2013, 08:49 AM
I mean I can't sit still at dinner with kids and husband I scarf down my food nervously and to keep distracted I bounce my knees and legs up and down under the table. I'm so impatience my anxiety really fuels up in situations like this. I have no patience I'm always on edge feel like I will explode any second.

str8trippin
07-05-2013, 08:51 AM
I bounce my knee SO much....it drives me crazy how much I do it, especially at work.

missmello
07-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I've had anxiety for years, and this time around it's been hanging on for 4 months now. I'm at the point where I am so tired and just so OVER these stupid symptoms, even though they continue to linger every day. I'm kind of just fed up, and starting not to care anymore. I think once you reach this point, seeing that it's gone on for months, etc.. you will soon develop an attitude of "well here we go again, whatever.." and just chug along through the day. I still get uncomfortable symptoms, but at this point i figure i'd be dead by now if something were really wrong, so I just ignore them as best i can and continue with my day. I kind of have a "F it" attitude right now.. and looking back, the worrying did make things 100x worse. I'm sure you'll get to that point soon.. it's kinda like the first step to getting over it. Just letting go, and realizing you can't really control it. It'll go away when it wants to, but in the mean time it won't hurt you.

Blessed
07-05-2013, 09:48 AM
I've had anxiety for years, and this time around it's been hanging on for 4 months now. I'm at the point where I am so tired and just so OVER these stupid symptoms, even though they continue to linger every day. I'm kind of just fed up, and starting not to care anymore. I think once you reach this point, seeing that it's gone on for months, etc.. you will soon develop an attitude of "well here we go again, whatever.." and just chug along through the day. I still get uncomfortable symptoms, but at this point i figure i'd be dead by now if something were really wrong, so I just ignore them as best i can and continue with my day. I kind of have a "F it" attitude right now.. and looking back, the worrying did make things 100x worse. I'm sure you'll get to that point soon.. it's kinda like the first step to getting over it. Just letting go, and realizing you can't really control it. It'll go away when it wants to, but in the mean time it won't hurt you.

I keep reminding myself that God will not put more on me than I can stand and that's the only thing keeping my head above the raging waters right now. I've got to restore my faith I can't do this alone nor can I continue down this path of hell and torment