PDA

View Full Version : is my anxiety worse than your anxiety?

peaceandlove
07-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Sorry for the hyperbolic title but i have had this question in mind for quiet some time. I come to this forum read the posts ( which are great) but in the end dont take anything away from it as i end up concluding that what i am going through is much worse than anyone else. please forgive me i am not insensitive this is just my mind playing tricks. but the answer to this question is my breakthrough as i am still not convinced i have anxiety. anyone?

omoplata
07-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Sorry for the hyperbolic title but i have had this question in mind for quiet some time. I come to this forum read the posts ( which are great) but in the end dont take anything away from it as i end up concluding that what i am going through is much worse than anyone else. please forgive me i am not insensitive this is just my mind playing tricks. but the answer to this question is my breakthrough as i am still not convinced i have anxiety. anyone?

I think that all of us feel like this to some degree. Comparing your own anxiety and discomfort to others is like trying to compare your threshold for pain to someone elses. Physically you cant feel what the other person is feeling. Its not quantifiable. Like who is stronger or who can drink more alcohol. But I totally get what you mean....when having an anxiety attack relative to all other people mine feels the worst...lol!