PDA

View Full Version : So fetching bugged!

defmunel
07-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Went to the dentist. His words "I'm dumbfounded. Never seen anything like it. ". Had a feeling that would be his answer. Called my ob. Their answer " why are you calling us? You should call your pcp!". Call my pcp. Closed. Can't get in til Friday. So I remain in pain. I leave town Friday after my doc appt an don't get back for another week. I just don't know how I'm goin to handle all of this pain! I hate getting the run around! What's an md for? Geesh! My mouth is on fire!

mykids12
07-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Can you post a picture? Could it be fifths disease? Or rosacea?

mykids12
07-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I would for sure go to an urgent care. Can't be too careful dying pregnancy.

mykids12
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
I found this. Does this sound like your symptoms??

It seems you have a condition called burning mouth syndrome. Burning mouth syndrome causes chronic burning pain in your mouth. The pain from burning mouth syndrome may affect your tongue, gums, lips, inside of your cheeks, roof of your mouth, or widespread areas of your whole mouth. The pain can be severe, as if you scalded your mouth. When the cause of burning mouth syndrome isn't known, the condition is called primary or idiopathic burning mouth syndrome. Sometimes burning mouth syndrome is caused by an underlying medical condition, such as a nutritional deficiency. In these cases, it's called secondary burning mouth syndrome. Underlying problems that may be linked to burning mouth syndrome include: * Dry mouth (xerostomia), which can be caused by various medications or health problems. * Psychological factors, such as anxiety, depression or excessive health worries. * Nutritional deficiencies, such as lack of iron, zinc, folate (vitamin B-9), thiamin (vitamin B-1), riboflavin (vitamin B-2), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and cobalamin (vitamin B-12). * Allergies or reactions to foods, food flavorings, other food additives, fragrances, dyes or other substances. * Reflux of stomach acid (gastroesophageal reflux disease) that enters your mouth from your upper gastrointestinal tract. * Certain medications, particularly high blood pressure medications called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. * Oral habits, such as tongue thrusting and teeth grinding (bruxism). * Endocrine disorders, such as diabetes and underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism). * Hormonal imbalances, such as those associated with menopause. * Excessive mouth irritation, which may result from overbrushing of your tongue, overuse of mouthwashes or having too many acidic drinks. There's no known cure for primary burning mouth syndrome. You may need to try several treatment methods before finding one or a combination that is helpful in reducing your mouth pain. Treatment options may include: * A lozenge-type form of the anticonvulsant medication clonazepam (Klonopin) * Alpha-lipoic acid, a strong antioxidant produced naturally by the body * Certain antidepressants * B vitamins * Cognitive behavioral therapy * Special oral rinses or mouth washes * Saliva replacement products * Capsaicin, a pain reliever that comes from chili peppers I recommend you speak to your dentist about this and get his/her recommendation for treatment. If this helps, please ACCEPT my answer. A BONUS is never expected, but always appreciated. Thank you.

defmunel
07-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Yes and no. I know I overused mouthwash. However, the swelling in my mouth was so intense. Its gone down quite a bit, but the redness remains. And now the red bumps. Makes me think tonsillitis, post nasal drip, or strep. I asked the dentist of he thought cancer, and he said no, because cancer is usually in a localized area, and this swelling and redness is over my entire mouth he said. My ob called me back after 2 hours and said, sorry, go see your pcp. But I've seen my pcp about this issue for the last 3 months with very little help. Constantly being told its a virus. I just cant for the life of me understand how a virus can just morf like this, and not get any better after 3 months! I'll wait til Friday to see my pcp. I sure hope I can get some help and answers....

defmunel
07-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Definitely not fifths disease or rosacea. This is inside my mouth.

bonehead
07-17-2013, 05:34 PM
mouth soreness is common symptom for deficiency in Iron, Niacin (B3), B9, Vit C.. Are you taking any vitamin and mineral supplements?