PDA

View Full Version : chest pain

Danny1986
07-02-2013, 08:13 PM
hi folks i have posted up many things related to my anxiety but this one is the linchpin.

does anybody else get periods of stabbing pains in the left side of the chest? i have been thuroughly checked in the ER twice but the pains persist and sometimes they hit first and then the anxiety starts afterward? i am really trying to stay optomistic here but heart pains ain't the lighter side of anxiety.I have had to take a few days off work recently because on exertion and under stress they keep happening even with breathing,diet changes and vitamin supplements.

Personally mine move around which is not indicative of an actual heart problem,after work the other night i had a series of them and then crushing on my chest so i rang an ambulance for only the second time in my life the doctor ruled out cardiac,clotting and lung problems.I have to get an endoscopy next week in case its gastric and was injected with nexium to try to ease the pains.My brother is losing his mind with me too,he gets really angry when i mention the anxiety but i know i have to talk about it a little.My panic attacks have gotten much better but this chest pain thing,is it anxiety? does anybody else get them?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

shaunmcnab
07-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Don't have a clue what it is but I get it,feels like a hot poker to the heart, could be strain or just anxiety manifesting, either way I'm sure you are ok even though its hard to believe haha

MrsJ88
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
hi folks i have posted up many things related to my anxiety but this one is the linchpin.

does anybody else get periods of stabbing pains in the left side of the chest? i have been thuroughly checked in the ER twice but the pains persist and sometimes they hit first and then the anxiety starts afterward? i am really trying to stay optomistic here but heart pains ain't the lighter side of anxiety.I have had to take a few days off work recently because on exertion and under stress they keep happening even with breathing,diet changes and vitamin supplements.

Personally mine move around which is not indicative of an actual heart problem,after work the other night i had a series of them and then crushing on my chest so i rang an ambulance for only the second time in my life the doctor ruled out cardiac,clotting and lung problems.I have to get an endoscopy next week in case its gastric and was injected with nexium to try to ease the pains.My brother is losing his mind with me too,he gets really angry when i mention the anxiety but i know i have to talk about it a little.My panic attacks have gotten much better but this chest pain thing,is it anxiety? does anybody else get them?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

I definitely get this and have since 2011 and even been thoroughly checked by a cardiologist... Guess its just anxiety.

calimel
07-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, definitely. You are not alone! :) It's higher on my chest than the location of my heart, but can be painful and spread up my neck and down my arm, and down my back, make me feel like there is a tight band around my chest. I had the EKG tests a few times, always fine. I know it's anxiety because it stops if I take Xanax, which I do only when it goes on for a long time and I can't talk myself down. Never heard of an actual heart attack being stopped by a benzodiazepine! ;)