PDA

View Full Version : heart and stomach issues.. hope my story helps you

missmello
07-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Some of you may already know my story. It started in march with extreme nausea and loss of appetite that lasted almost 2 months. I went from weighing 138 to 123 in 5 weeks. Went to the walkin clinic, the emergency room, and my primary doctor. Had ekgs, xrays, bloodwork, ct scan of my stomach, and an upper endoscopy. They checked everything, and it all came back with no findings.

I get nauseous a little throughout the day, pretty much every day, but it is no longer debilitating.

Well now, I am struggling with chest pressure, sometimes feel like my heart pounds (not fast, just hard) and skips.. but this rarely happens. Went to my doctor about it and she ordered a 24 hr holter monitor. Results came back and my sinus rhythm is normal, although the cardiologist said every once in a while there was a "blip", like an extra beat. I've known this from past testing, and it is completely normal, or at least normal for my heart rhythm. No medical intervention necessary. i guess it is a normal thing seen in some people.

Well I had my follow up appointment today, she did an ekg again because I am still feeling pressure in my chest. Came back totally normal. And I was experiencing pressure during the test so made me feel better. She is now scheduling a stress test for next week.

My point of this all being.. I am fully aware that this is most likely anxiety, although I will continue to follow my doctors orders and rule out anything possible. But please learn from my results, if you are experiencing any symptoms like me and are worried. Anxiety can most certainly cause all of these symptoms, and with every test I've had there have been no significant findings of anything physically wrong, even though my symptoms are 100% physical. I am doing this to myself! And there's a very good chance you/your mind is causing your symptoms too. If there were something wrong they would have found it. Hope this helps even one person.

In my case, my chest pressure is probably just caused by stress.. or GERD. I've tried all sorts of meds for gerd/reflux and they don't seem to help me. I never get classic "heartburn" symptoms, but I do tend to regurgitate when I belch and wake up in the morning with sour taste in my mouth. But anyway.. I'm not seriously ill, or dying, or have some kind of mysterious illness no one can find. If it were there, they'd have seen it by now. And I hope if you are going through the same thing, and have been back and fourth to doctors, that maybe my story will help you.to come to terms with whatever you are going through. You are okay!

frankzito
07-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Glad to read your story. Glad your not dying too!!
I can't brings myself to write my whole story cause it would take me forever, not saying there's a lot, just lazy I guess. I've never really introduced myself formally either to everybody. So I will just do it gradually. I'm Jason, nice to meet you ! :-)

str8trippin
07-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Reading this actually really did send some positive energy my way. I relate to a lot of the things you have gone through/are going through. So far, I've only had blood work and an EKG done, but those were normal. I am still in the process of ruling out possibilities...waiting to see a new doctor because my old one and I were having some conflict...and also scheduled for an audiology test and an appointment with an ENT because of the ear crackling, pressure and dizziness I've been experiencing off and on...and going in for my annual well woman exam, or whatever they call it, in a couple of weeks which I'm hoping will eliminate my current health fear, which is breast cancer. I'm hoping my new general practitioner will work with me on trying to rule things out, that way I can really focus on overcoming the anxiety confident that it is what I am experiencing. My previous doctor had no interest in what I was going through, so that made my anxiety even worse and I just felt completely defeated by the situation. Not that I would wish this anxiety on anyone, but it's nice to know that someone else is going through nearly the exact same things you are...it really does provide some reassurance. Thank you so much for posting this part of your journey.