PDA

View Full Version : Arghh Skipped beats scare me to death

nicole123x
07-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Even though I know anxiety causes skipped beats, I'm still not convinced !!!! I just had 2 skipped beats one after another it was horrible feeling, are they actually safe ? Cause I feel like they could lead to something major, or cause my heart to actually stop argh they are my worst symptom...
Anyone know any pills that reduce them ?

str8trippin
07-02-2013, 11:01 AM
I think doctors sometimes prescribe beta blockers to help with heart palpitations.

em1
07-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes they are safe and yes you can get beta blockers that are safe to take and have no side affects,I've been on them and off them for years mine are called propanol :)

frankzito
07-02-2013, 11:07 AM
I think doctors sometimes prescribe beta blockers to help with heart palpitations.

My doc put me on beta blockers, for pounding heart when resting, and trying to sleep. It's a low dose, but they work great. Very few side affects. My blood pressure would run a little high, but that was cause of the anxiety.

nicole123x
07-02-2013, 11:13 AM
My doctor won't put me on any for my age!
Are the skipped beats safe ? Can they not lead to a heart attack or anything ??

em1
07-02-2013, 11:25 AM
My doctor won't put me on any for my age!
Are the skipped beats safe ? Can they not lead to a heart attack or anything ??

No it's anxiety it won't give you a heart attack,I know it don't feel nice but it won't harm you

locksey
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Even though I know anxiety causes skipped beats, I'm still not convinced !!!! I just had 2 skipped beats one after another it was horrible feeling, are they actually safe ? Cause I feel like they could lead to something major, or cause my heart to actually stop argh they are my worst symptom...
Anyone know any pills that reduce them ?

I'm on propanalol like Em1 ... Also been on / off them and had no problems with them