PDA

View Full Version : Quick magnesium review

Wychhh
07-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi guys just sharing my experience with magnesium.
Im 22 yr old male I've suffered with anxiety quite bad for 7 yrs now and been medicated ever since the first day I had my first anxiety attack. Everyday I've lived with the symptoms eg fast heart rate can't breathe and scared 24/7 then I read that topic about magnesium and amino acid so I thought I'd give it a shot. I took magnesium citrate for few months wich didn't help it only helped with going to toilet so I changed to amino acid chelated 500mg each wich is equal to 100mg of magnesium and been taking 2 a day for a while now and my anxiety has gone 100% my heart rate is slow for once I'm not scared and I feel great for once

So guys give it a shot, if your magnesium isn't working try amino acid chelated magnesium doesn't cost much
Any questions just ask thanks

HealingTime
07-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Where can one buy that?

str8trippin
07-01-2013, 01:20 PM
You can get Magnesium at Wal-Mart, Smith's, Walgreens...any retail or grocery store usually carries some herbal supplements. I just started taking it last week. The one I'm taking is Nature Made brand, 250 mg tablets, and I got it at Smith's because it was on sale ($6.19 and buy one get one free). Supplements can interact with other medications, though, so you might want to check with your doctor before combining the two.

Wychhh
07-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Where can one buy that?

This is the exact one I take by "Natures Own" amino acid chelated magnesium 500mg
You can't find it on there web site or amazon

I take one in the morning around 8am and one about 4pm great stuff guys give it a shot you can get this from your local chemist but try this form, magnesium citrate didn't work at all

str8trippin
07-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi guys just sharing my experience with magnesium.
Im 22 yr old male I've suffered with anxiety quite bad for 7 yrs now and been medicated ever since the first day I had my first anxiety attack. Everyday I've lived with the symptoms eg fast heart rate can't breathe and scared 24/7 then I read that topic about magnesium and amino acid so I thought I'd give it a shot. I took magnesium citrate for few months wich didn't help it only helped with going to toilet so I changed to amino acid chelated 500mg each wich is equal to 100mg of magnesium and been taking 2 a day for a while now and my anxiety has gone 100% my heart rate is slow for once I'm not scared and I feel great for once

So guys give it a shot, if your magnesium isn't working try amino acid chelated magnesium doesn't cost much
Any questions just ask thanks

I'm taking a Magnesium Citrate at the moment...it was all I could find in the store, so I thought I would give it a shot...250 mg daily. I can't honestly say whether or not it has been beneficial, but it hasn't caused any side effects either, so I figure it can't be hurting to continue taking it for the time being. I'm going to have to look into the one you are talking about.

Wychhh
07-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Give it a chance and keep taking my body didnt agree with it so I changed and been fine ever since so see what happens if not change and give it another shot :)
Don't give up

ally
07-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Can you take things like this along side antidepressants and psychotic drugs? I'm also having to rely on Valium but now it's not helping I'm desperate to find something natural?

Wychhh
07-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Can you take things like this along side antidepressants and psychotic drugs? I'm also having to rely on Valium but now it's not helping I'm desperate to find something natural?

In the book it says you can and that's coming from a dr ive been taking both them for a while that's 30mg of avanza and magnesium no issues yet.

Wychhh
07-02-2013, 11:19 AM
You can always ask your gp if your unsure about mixing it with other meds you take or buy the book Magnesium the miracle mineral by dr Sandra Cabot

ally
07-02-2013, 11:27 AM
I've spoken to the dr before about vitamins ie vit b12 etc and he's said they will do nothing!!:( he's not convinced at all, but then it's not him suffering is it? He didn't want me on meds I don't think full stop? but I'm too ill

oohnana24
07-02-2013, 11:52 AM
i dont understand what amino acid chelated means. Is there an amino acid mixed in with the Magnesium?

Wychhh
07-02-2013, 10:35 PM
i dont understand what amino acid chelated means. Is there an amino acid mixed in with the Magnesium?

It's just another form of magnesium eg magnesium oxide, magnesium chloride, magnesium citrate, magnesium orotate they are all good don't get me wrong but the chelated version help me 100%
Hope this makes sense :)

bonehead
07-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Slo-Mag (mg chloride plus calcium) is what worked for me.

Damavandi
07-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Wychh:

Magnesium, and amino acids, sometimes do miracles for people with anxiety, depression, and panic disorder.
I agree, and am very glad that you brought up the subject. As a matter of fact, there is a very popular thread at this forum
by Hanino, describing his cure by using amino acid pills. However, I was cured by something else !? Vitamin D3 deficiency was my problem. You may read my thread/story at the below link.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?12695-Vitamin-D3-Cured-my-Anxiety-Depression-and-Panic-Disorder

Best wishes,
Ali

nf1234
07-09-2013, 03:38 PM
I've spoken to the dr before about vitamins ie vit b12 etc and he's said they will do nothing!!:( he's not convinced at all, but then it's not him suffering is it? He didn't want me on meds I don't think full stop? but I'm too ill

Find a new doctor. Your body needs vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to survive. They are the building blocks of the neurotransmitters in our brains that make us calm and happy among other things. B12 and Vitamin D are huge and most doctors know to test for deficiencies. Sadly there are still stubborn old school doctors who don't "believe" in it. Please don't listen to your doctors advice. At least when it comes to natural supplements.

ally
07-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Would a herbalist be better to see? Or holland and barratt? They may not be able to advice tho because of the medications I'm on?

nf1234
07-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Would a herbalist be better to see? Or holland and barratt? They may not be able to advice tho because of the medications I'm on?

I would do a google search for a holistic or naturopathic doctor. Herbalist or nutrition if you can't find a good doctor. It helps to see a doctor because they can order bloodwork. I see a regular MD but she is very open to alternative medicine. Some doctors use more alternative medicine and some are totally opposed to it. A b12 blood test as well as vitamin D are very basic tests and if your doctor opposes them then you know that isn't a doctor you want to see.

laurentellez
07-10-2013, 12:20 AM
I started eating a handful of sunflower seeds a day.. Well not actually the whole seed but the kernels inside and i feel alot better then last week... Sunflower seeds are rich in magnesium..