PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

Bam77
07-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Ive been getting this a lot lately. Its mainly my legs. I wake up and they are drenched. Does anyone else get this??

HealingTime
07-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I get this sometimes but I always assume I'm just hot.

Stacey1991
07-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Night sweats are a very common cause of anxiety/stress. I found I used to get them with nightmares but recently, it is just the sweats. Have you any other symptoms?

frankzito
07-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Used to get them a lot, not so much anymore.

str8trippin
07-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Used to get them a lot, not so much anymore.

I've noticed some of you other posts and it seems like you manage your anxiety really well. Maybe I missed it somewhere, so forgive me if you've said it somewhere before, but what are you doing that works for you?

Bam77
07-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Night sweats are a very common cause of anxiety/stress. I found I used to get them with nightmares but recently, it is just the sweats. Have you any other symptoms?

Quite a few, but im told its all anxiety. Feeling off balance at times and kind of a malaise type feeling. All blood work was good.

frankzito
07-01-2013, 07:55 PM
I've noticed some of you other posts and it seems like you manage your anxiety really well. Maybe I missed it somewhere, so forgive me if you've said it somewhere before, but what are you doing that works for you?

Mine started a little over a year ago. And it was real bad the first month. Went to the doc and he started me on escitalopram 10mg I gradually stated feeling better. My anxiety don't bother me so much at work and would be worst as soon as I got home, until trying to sleep. Sleep was really difficult, got insomnia for months. One night I woke up really hot all over, a not natural feeling hot. Felt like I was poisoned . Well, I got through to the next night and it happened again. I went to he hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. And this was about 7 months after my first serious panic attack. Got blood work and all
That, they said it want my heart. And after that I've gradually gotten better. I still have bad weeks and nights, dizzy spells, off balance feelings, palpitations are my worst. Scare me the most . I've gone like two weeks feeling normal in the time since it started, it came back lol but I'm doing ok . I take Xanax when I feel like one is coming. I'm scared of the public driving mainly and sitting at stoplights. I work outside, and have a very strenuous job. The doc said I would of dropped dead of it was my heart . Forgive my writing skills.
It's all over the place lol
Jason is my real name :-)

frankzito
07-01-2013, 08:01 PM
And somebody on here said to think that your cured all the time . And believe it or not, that has helped a lot :-) best wishes

str8trippin
07-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Mine started a little over a year ago. And it was real bad the first month. Went to the doc and he started me on escitalopram 10mg I gradually stated feeling better. My anxiety don't bother me so much at work and would be worst as soon as I got home, until trying to sleep. Sleep was really difficult, got insomnia for months. One night I woke up really hot all over, a not natural feeling hot. Felt like I was poisoned . Well, I got through to the next night and it happened again. I went to he hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. And this was about 7 months after my first serious panic attack. Got blood work and all
That, they said it want my heart. And after that I've gradually gotten better. I still have bad weeks and nights, dizzy spells, off balance feelings, palpitations are my worst. Scare me the most . I've gone like two weeks feeling normal in the time since it started, it came back lol but I'm doing ok . I take Xanax when I feel like one is coming. I'm scared of the public driving mainly and sitting at stoplights. I work outside, and have a very strenuous job. The doc said I would of dropped dead of it was my heart . Forgive my writing skills.
It's all over the place lol
Jason is my real name :-)

Thanks, Jason. My anxiety came on really suddenly. I think I've always had general anxiety, but the severe anxiety that was starting to get really debilitating was very sudden. Went to my doctor (who is actually just a nurse practitioner) and she prescribed Paxil and Xanax, which I was really uncomfortable with, but she didn't really care much...just told me I was crazy basically and got me out of the office as fast as she could without really addressing anything I was trying to explain or ask her about. Ended up going to the ER twice and seeing her a second time where she did some blood work and the ER did an EKG and told me I was fine, gave me some Ativan and sent me home. My anxiety is pretty much entirely health related at this point. So now I'm waiting to see a new doctor who I'll hopefully be more comfortable with and start to find some real solutions, and also scheduled for an audiology test and appointment with an ENT because of the dizziness and stuff I've been having...I just want to rule out the possibilities so I feel like I can really focus on the anxiety and overcoming that. I need the reassurance.

frankzito
07-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks, Jason. My anxiety came on really suddenly. I think I've always had general anxiety, but the severe anxiety that was starting to get really debilitating was very sudden. Went to my doctor (who is actually just a nurse practitioner) and she prescribed Paxil and Xanax, which I was really uncomfortable with, but she didn't really care much...just told me I was crazy basically and got me out of the office as fast as she could without really addressing anything I was trying to explain or ask her about. Ended up going to the ER twice and seeing her a second time where she did some blood work and the ER did an EKG and told me I was fine, gave me some Ativan and sent me home. My anxiety is pretty much entirely health related at this point. So now I'm waiting to see a new doctor who I'll hopefully be more comfortable with and start to find some real solutions, and also scheduled for an audiology test and appointment with an ENT because of the dizziness and stuff I've been having...I just want to rule out the possibilities so I feel like I can really focus on the anxiety and overcoming that. I need the reassurance.

You welcome friend. I'm sure I've left out some things, but I'm down to public and health anxiety. I need to get a complete blood test and maybe I could really beat this thing.
I hope you see a new doctor soon. It is hard to focus when your not sure :-) take care

str8trippin
07-02-2013, 08:56 AM
You welcome friend. I'm sure I've left out some things, but I'm down to public and health anxiety. I need to get a complete blood test and maybe I could really beat this thing.
I hope you see a new doctor soon. It is hard to focus when your not sure :-) take care

Thankfully my appointment is coming up on the 9th, and then more appointments on the 16th. I just want to know I have a clean bill of health so I can actually feel like I'm able to let go of the anxiety about that. The other doctor did a complete blood panel (Thyroid, Lipids, CBC/CMP) and said it was all normal (except slightly high bad cholesterol). Just doing that was overcoming a HUGE fear for me...I'd never had blood drawn before that, and I'm horrified of needles, and hearing that it was normal was reassuring. Of course, once I get over one health anxiety, another one latches on!

frankzito
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Thankfully my appointment is coming up on the 9th, and then more appointments on the 16th. I just want to know I have a clean bill of health so I can actually feel like I'm able to let go of the anxiety about that. The other doctor did a complete blood panel (Thyroid, Lipids, CBC/CMP) and said it was all normal (except slightly high bad cholesterol). Just doing that was overcoming a HUGE fear for me...I'd never had blood drawn before that, and I'm horrified of needles, and hearing that it was normal was reassuring. Of course, once I get over one health anxiety, another one latches on!

I don't blame you, and hope your appt goes well. When I went to the hospital, I was so worried I was happy to get blood work ! First time for me ever too. Except when I was a child getting my finger pricked lol it didn't hurt at all though at the hospital. I'm worried my cholesterol is high, cause I eat a lot fast food for breakfast. I need to fast for that lol.. well good luck to you