PDA

View Full Version : Natural Remedies?

AnxiousBob
06-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Does anyone have any experience or opinions of herbal and natural remedies?
I've started drinking St. John's Wort tea and some chamomile tea.
Do they work? Or would you recommend any alternatives.

Ahlstrom
06-30-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm trying a natural herb called Ashwaghanda, or Indian Ginseng. The reviews and tests on it look really great, after I try it for a while I will make a thread on what I found.

I do drink a cup of chamomile tea maybe every 2 days and it seems to work, but its really low thats i almost dont notice it.

The problem with natural remedies is that they tend to work somewhat ineffectively, if one was ever found that worked great people would be all over it.

em1
06-30-2013, 01:50 PM
I allways used lavender oil in my bath and lavender room sprays that's really Calming,I think every little thing helps

str8trippin
06-30-2013, 02:28 PM
I've started taking Magnesium which is supposed to be really good for anxiety and I'm looking into some other herbal supplements as well. Also found an organic tea called Easy Now by Traditional Medicinals for stress and tension which I love...it has a lot of herbs in it that are also supposed to be great for anxiety and nerves (chamomile, peppermint, valerian root, passionflower, and others).

Dcoito
06-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Just be very careful when taking supplements if you are taking an SSRI. as you medication will be competing with the herbs, or supplements! Might not make you feel to good! Supplements are good if you are on no other type of meds. However they will Plato after awhile and you may be stuck at the beginning again. And if your not deficient in any of these areas. Then the rest your body absorbs will just be peed out!

AnxiousBob
06-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks to all for your advice.

bonehead
07-01-2013, 05:21 AM
Magnesium +1

TheFuzz
07-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I began taking B-Complex quite some time ago. It took about 3 months, but I noticed a dramatic decline in my anxiety. I was even able to travel across the country, on a airplane! I never would have thought I could do that with my anxiety levels.

JDawg965
07-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Do a search on calcium, I had a therapist do a whole study on anxiety panics attacks and calcium, he started me on a calcium supplement and I did notice a decrease. Since then I have stopped but the way things are going I'm gonna pick it back up again