PDA

View Full Version : Hi

tuffnstuff
10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi, I am new here. Never thought to try and find a place on line for something like this. I am glad I did. I had panic attacks and been Agoraphobic for about 4 years now. I have been aware for about 2 1/2/

duddits
10-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi tuffnstuff, and welcome to the forum. I had people, just like you, in mind when I created this forum. Almost half of the visitors to this website suffer from panic attacks or agoraphobia. I know it's tough actually admitting that you have an mental disorder, but I'm glad that you're now aware of what you actually have. So have you gotten treatment thus far for your agoraphobia?

If you have any questions at all, just feel welcome to ask them all, thats why this forum is in existence. We're here to help each other.

tuffnstuff
10-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I take zoloft, which helps with being agoraphobic. There are days I am able to go do things and days when I cant. I have routines and places I will go. I went to the grocery store the other day, which is not a place I go, it was the first time in a long time. I only lasted about 10 minutes.To many people were looking at me, and the people working there were saying hi. I realize it is all in my head. But it nags at me until I have a panic attack and leave, or just stop shopping, pay and leave. There are times like last week when I go in and I cant do it all. Even with someone, I have to stop and get out. For the most part the medicine does help. I make sure I get out everyday, taking my kids to school and picking them up, just so I dont sit at home and realize a week or two have gone by. It use to be that way. I wouldnt even go to teacher/parent meetings. It is still really hard but I push myself a little and do what I can. Some days are good, some arent.

brickyard_red
10-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi there tuffnstuff :)

I'm glad you found this forum. It is a good safe place to come and meet others that experience the same feelings and emotions that you do. I know it helps me just to know that there is somewhere I can come that others will be here that understand how I feel. :?

I can totally relate on the good days and bad days, some days are just easier to get through than others.

Cath :)