PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attacks today

Stephj526
06-29-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm having serious anxiety this weekend, especially today. I'm on vacation with my fiancé and his family. I woke up in the middle of the night in a full panic attack, and have been having it all day.

My breathing feels hard, weird taste in my mouth, shaking feelings, head pressure, and faster heart rate.

I haven't had panic attacks in weeks, don't understand why this is happening??!!

Dcoito
06-29-2013, 07:26 PM
You on medication? Are you away from home still? I remember you saying you had a 6 hour drive. How did that go?

Stephj526
06-29-2013, 07:27 PM
You on medication? Are you away from home still? I remember you saying you had a 6 hour drive. How did that go?

Yes, I take Lexapro. It usually works great for me. And yes, I'm still about 5-6 hours away from him right now.

Stephj526
06-29-2013, 07:31 PM
The drive ended up ok though, no problems there and still not obsessing over clots so that's happy news lol. Thanks for asking.

Stephj526
06-29-2013, 07:33 PM
And now the left side of my face is numb. Awesome b

Dcoito
06-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Well sounds like you may have a lot of thoughts, and worries running through your head! That's what anxiety feeds on. You need to relax yourself, and feel comfortable. You never had Xanax , or Ativan ? That Can help in stressful situations. Camomile tea 1 hour before bed. Hydrate yourself. And clear your head of any worries! It's your time to enjoy yourself! Sometimes change in routine can spike things up! So remind yourself your ok! Did the drive there go ok?

Dcoito
06-29-2013, 07:37 PM
LOL GOOD ABOUT THE DRIVE! Your face is numb because we are discussing your anxiety, tell the sensation that you are fine! It only a feeling of stress!

JLBnole68
06-29-2013, 07:41 PM
You're probably anxious about being away from home. Try to relax and keep your mind occupied. If you have a book to read or something, that might help. I've had anxiety attacks today as well. Usually when I sit by myself. As soon as I felt one coming on, I immediately got up, got in my car and went somewhere around other people to clear my mind and help me think of other things besides what's going on with my body. The distractions help. I feel your pain. Hope you feel better.

Stephj526
06-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help. Hope everyone is doing well also.

str8trippin
06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm having serious anxiety this weekend, especially today. I'm on vacation with my fiancé and his family. I woke up in the middle of the night in a full panic attack, and have been having it all day.

My breathing feels hard, weird taste in my mouth, shaking feelings, head pressure, and faster heart rate.

I haven't had panic attacks in weeks, don't understand why this is happening??!!

This sounds EXACTLY how I was when I was out of town with my friend about a month ago. I had hoped taking a break from work and going out of town with her for a couple of days would help me relax and instead I was a complete mess...shaking, crying randomly, elevated heart rate, unable to sleep, waking up suddenly in the night, head pressure and tingling in the left side of my face and head...nightmare! It was also kind of at the beginning of my experience with severe anxiety so I was horrified and I completely understand and relate to what you are going through! Just think about the fact that you have someone there you can lean on a little if you need some reassurance...I was very thankful to have my friend with me because she could tell me to relax and help distract me from what I was feeling. Keep your head up and just try all you can to relax...focus on the positive things about the vacation instead of the anxiety!

frankzito
06-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Had the numb head before, went completely away.