PDA

View Full Version : Blah

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 04:48 PM
So exhausted with the shortness of breath and the constant feeling that I need to take a deep breath but can't get a satisfying one... So I yawn and attempt to a lot. My chest is sore from trying to breathe deep all the time. Ugh

em1
06-29-2013, 04:50 PM
So exhausted with the shortness of breath and the constant feeling that I need to take a deep breath but can't get a satisfying one... So I yawn and attempt to a lot. My chest is sore from trying to breathe deep all the time. Ugh

Are you on any Meds?

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 04:53 PM
No... Well kinda... My doctor wouldn't prescribe anything for anxiety cause I'm breast feeding but I finally convinced him I needed it so he prescribed Vistaril, but it makes me super drowsy and loopy feeling so I don't ever take it because I have a 7 month old and have to remain alert. My husband works 56 hours a week so it's generally just my son and I.

em1
06-29-2013, 04:55 PM
No... Well kinda... My doctor wouldn't prescribe anything for anxiety cause I'm breast feeding but I finally convinced him I needed it so he prescribed Vistaril, but it makes me super drowsy and loopy feeling so I don't ever take it because I have a 7 month old and have to remain alert. My husband works 56 hours a week so it's generally just my son and I.

Aww I feel for you,so I bet your not getting much sleep on top of all this to?

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Are you on any Meds?

Kinda.... My doctor wouldn't prescribe me anything for the longest time cause I'm breast feeding but I finally convinced him I really needed it so he then prescribed me Vistaril and when I take it, it makes me super drowsy and loopy feeling so I don't take it because I have a 7 month old and have to remain alert. My husband works 56 hours a week so it's generally just my son and I.

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Aww I feel for you,so I bet your not getting much sleep on top of all this to?

Correct. I barely sleep at night because one... The anxiety and weird breathing crap, then two, because I'm uneasy that I'm home alone (husband works midnights) so it's just never ending.

em1
06-29-2013, 04:59 PM
I would use and still do use things like lavender bath oils and room sprays as that's gives you a Calming feeling

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 05:01 PM
I would use and still do use things like lavender bath oils and room sprays as that's gives you a Calming feeling

Haven't ever tried that. I have major health anxiety... So I worry that I'm gonna stop breathing or something like that. My chest is so sore from trying to take deep breaths

em1
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Haven't ever tried that. I have major health anxiety... So I worry that I'm gonna stop breathing or something like that. My chest is so sore from trying to take deep breaths

That's because your over breathing,you won't stop breathing even tho Italy feel like you are,you won't,Chamomile tea is also good to relax you

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 05:13 PM
That's because your over breathing,you won't stop breathing even tho Italy feel like you are,you won't,Chamomile tea is also good to relax you

Thanks so much for responding... Helps to talk to someone. My husband is asleep, as he worked 16 hours today (a double shift) and he goes back in 5 hours. He's my rock and my go to when I have anxiety but he can't help while he's asleep. I do have chamomile tea, I'll try that.

em1
06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks so much for responding... Helps to talk to someone. My husband is asleep, as he worked 16 hours today (a double shift) and he goes back in 5 hours. He's my rock and my go to when I have anxiety but he can't help while he's asleep. I do have chamomile tea, I'll try that.

Oh anytime I'm a wife and a mum of two so I know how you feel please feel free to message me anytime you want to chat

jloca215
06-29-2013, 05:15 PM
I feel the same way 90% of the time! And get this- I'm a nurse! I know you can't just stop breathing but when you're going through iTunes hard to tell yourself that. I have an incentive spirometer which I took from the hospital. It looks like a plastic toy but we give it to people who have just had surgery. Well it makes you take deep long breaths and it really expands your lung capacity. When feeling like I can't get a good breath I use it and it helps! You'll be fine. Just remember you're not alone.

jloca215
06-29-2013, 05:17 PM
That was supposed to say going through this not iTunes! Sorry

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Oh anytime I'm a wife and a mum of two so I know how you feel please feel free to message me anytime you want to chat

Thanks em1

MrsJ88
06-29-2013, 05:26 PM
I feel the same way 90% of the time! And get this- I'm a nurse! I know you can't just stop breathing but when you're going through iTunes hard to tell yourself that. I have an incentive spirometer which I took from the hospital. It looks like a plastic toy but we give it to people who have just had surgery. Well it makes you take deep long breaths and it really expands your lung capacity. When feeling like I can't get a good breath I use it and it helps! You'll be fine. Just remember you're not alone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!