PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is blah

majesty
06-28-2013, 05:52 PM
I say I've been having anxiety for about a month now. I had my first heart palpitation when I was smooking weed. This scared the shit out of me. Then I started having them like once a week but I just thought it was the weed still into system or something. Then it was time for my exams and I started having panic attacks every day. I finished my last exam about 2weeks ago and I'm still having them but not every day! Along the way I've developed social agoraphobia.. Which is not cool. I feel mad anxious when I go out. I tried going to work but they sent me home because I felt faint, so I now have to cut down my hours at work.

It's really weird because no matter how many times you get the physical symptoms (headaches, pain in your body, muscle twitches, sweaty hands and feet, neck stiffness, racing heart, loss of appetite etc) and you tell yourself it's just anxiety your head tells you it's something else. I think avoiding situations deffo makes it worst and in order to get better you need to stop avoiding and just tell yourself you've had these symptoms before and nothing happened.

frankzito
06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Exactly how my first month was. Going on a year and a half now. Not as bad as I was . Probably a 6 out of 10 almost tolerable. Best wishes

frankzito
06-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Exactly how my first month was. Going on a year and a half now. Not as bad as I was . Probably a 6 out of 10 almost tolerable. Best wishes

Minus the weed I should say :)

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 06:49 PM
I say I've been having anxiety for about a month now. I had my first heart palpitation when I was smooking weed. This scared the shit out of me. Then I started having them like once a week but I just thought it was the weed still into system or something. Then it was time for my exams and I started having panic attacks every day. I finished my last exam about 2weeks ago and I'm still having them but not every day! Along the way I've developed social agoraphobia.. Which is not cool. I feel mad anxious when I go out. I tried going to work but they sent me home because I felt faint, so I now have to cut down my hours at work.

It's really weird because no matter how many times you get the physical symptoms (headaches, pain in your body, muscle twitches, sweaty hands and feet, neck stiffness, racing heart, loss of appetite etc) and you tell yourself it's just anxiety your head tells you it's something else. I think avoiding situations deffo makes it worst and in order to get better you need to stop avoiding and just tell yourself you've had these symptoms before and nothing happened.

Yes... Anxiety is very "blah" and then some lol..

And it's SO true! And stinks so much that no matter how much u know that your not really suffocating from collapsed lungs or asthma etc etc., when you get those anxiety symptoms your head runs wild w it.. Smh.,.. I know exactly what you mean here..

And a lot of people have their first experiences w anxiety after taking some kind of recreational drugs.,

I am just an anxious person.. I used to smoke weed a lot when I was younger.. But I had to stop completely.. It just wasn't worth all my anxiety and paranoia when and after I was high..

Even now sometimes If I drink alcohol it triggers anxiety.. Grrr

majesty
06-28-2013, 06:59 PM

I'm glad it's almost tolerable. Sometimes I can't help but freak out. What has helped you over the year?

majesty
06-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Yes... Anxiety is very "blah" and then some lol..

And it's SO true! And stinks so much that no matter how much u know that your not really suffocating from collapsed lungs or asthma etc etc., when you get those anxiety symptoms your head runs wild w it.. Smh.,.. I know exactly what you mean here..

And a lot of people have their first experiences w anxiety after taking some kind of recreational drugs.,

I am just an anxious person.. I used to smoke weed a lot when I was younger.. But I had to stop completely.. It just wasn't worth all my anxiety and paranoia when and after I was high..

Even now sometimes If I drink alcohol it triggers anxiety.. Grrr

Yeah I'm around people who smoke weed a lot. I've smoked weed once since my first panic attack and it gave me another heart palpitation which was short but put me in a low mood. I booked a trip to Amsterdam months ago which is now coming up in 3weeks. It will be a shame to go there and not smoke but i just don't know. I'll see what my therapist says.

That is exactly how I've been feeling. I love me some alcohol. But now I've been restricting myself because I think I'm going to have a panic attack. So I'm very anxious when drinking and now avoid it. Which is annoying as hell.

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah I'm around people who smoke weed a lot. I've smoked weed once since my first panic attack and it gave me another heart palpitation which was short but put me in a low mood. I booked a trip to Amsterdam months ago which is now coming up in 3weeks. It will be a shame to go there and not smoke but i just don't know. I'll see what my therapist says.

That is exactly how I've been feeling. I love me some alcohol. But now I've been restricting myself because I think I'm going to have a panic attack. So I'm very anxious when drinking and now avoid it. Which is annoying as hell.

Lol! Well.. I haven't been able to return to smoking weed at all.. Which I am fine w .. And I haven't smoked since I am 18 ..( I am 35)..

And when I am having a hard time w anxiety, I refrain from alcohol altogether.. Bc it makes me crazy.. But when I am doing well on that front, I can have a few drinks and be fine :).

So .. Probably right now you just need to heal a bit.. It's just like any other kind of wound.. If someone breaks their leg, they can't go running, or enter in races.. They have to take it easy.. Wear their cast/brace..
Same true here. .. When we fall into an anxiety episode.. We have to take particularly good care of ourselves.. And heal..

majesty
06-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Lol! Well.. I haven't been able to return to smoking weed at all.. Which I am fine w .. And I haven't smoked since I am 18 ..( I am 35)..

And when I am having a hard time w anxiety, I refrain from alcohol altogether.. Bc it makes me crazy.. But when I am doing well on that front, I can have a few drinks and be fine :).

So .. Probably right now you just need to heal a bit.. It's just like any other kind of wound.. If someone breaks their leg, they can't go running, or enter in races.. They have to take it easy.. Wear their cast/brace..
Same true here. .. When we fall into an anxiety episode.. We have to take particularly good care of ourselves.. And heal..

That's good it's not worth the hassle it brings really. And wow, see I'm just 18. I'm not really a smoker, I would just do it in social situations.

And thank you for that. It kind of made me realise that I do need heal and not do things that will send my anxiety levels sky up.

frankzito
06-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Probably the medication, for the most part. Never wanted to take medicine , but wasnt getting any sleep. Keeping myself occupied when feeling bad helped and now I'm trying to think positive all
The time :-) I'm 43 and it just hit me last year. I have been an anxious paranoid person for most my life though .

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Probably the medication, for the most part. Never wanted to take medicine , but wasnt getting any sleep. Keeping myself occupied when feeling bad helped and now I'm trying to think positive all
The time :-) I'm 43 and it just hit me last year. I have been an anxious paranoid person for most my life though .

Yeah.. Me too.. And my dr and I tried looking back into my past to see when my very first, however subtle, anxiety symptoms occurred..

Now that I am very familiar w my symptoms, I can remember having some anxiety as early as like 7 yrs old..

I guess a lot of it has to do w genetics..

frankzito
06-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah.. Me too.. And my dr and I tried looking back into my past to see when my very first, however subtle, anxiety symptoms occurred..

Now that I am very familiar w my symptoms, I can remember having some anxiety as early as like 7 yrs old..

I guess a lot of it has to do w genetics..

Strange how it can creep up on you later in life, it's strange too, how it turns into a problem, instead of just normal anxiety. Mine all started with a two zaps in my head on the right side. Had my first panic attack that I knew was real. It's nice to see other folks on here to talk with. Sometimes, I get anxious reading on here too:-/
But the good out weighs the bad . Genetics is a big player,mother and aunt both have it too . On think society has a lot to do with it too. :-) I'm going on and on now. Have a good evening or day :-)

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Strange how it can creep up on you later in life, it's strange too, how it turns into a problem, instead of just normal anxiety. Mine all started with a two zaps in my head on the right side. Had my first panic attack that I knew was real. It's nice to see other folks on here to talk with. Sometimes, I get anxious reading on here too:-/
But the good out weighs the bad . Genetics is a big player,mother and aunt both have it too . On think society has a lot to do with it too. :-) I'm going on and on now. Have a good evening or day :-)

Lol.. All good.. :-)

Yeah.. I look at some people in my family n think "THAT'S why I am this way lol!"
But they are undiagnosed.. So.

But yeah.. Anxiety just pops up, and it can be debilitating.. It's incredible..

I'm very happy to have this outlet here.. And have so much confirmation that this is just anxiety!! (Bc for some odd reason I will stilllllll question it! Lol) and nothing more..

I'm in NY btw.. It is night time here..

frankzito
06-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Lol.. All good.. :-)

Yeah.. I look at some people in my family n think "THAT'S why I am this way lol!"
But they are undiagnosed.. So.

But yeah.. Anxiety just pops up, and it can be debilitating.. It's incredible..

I'm very happy to have this outlet here.. And have so much confirmation that this is just anxiety!! (Bc for some odd reason I will stilllllll question it! Lol) and nothing more..

I'm in NY btw.. It is night time here..

Me as well , this forum has helped
And I'm in Missouri . My real name is Jason
Frankzito is a moniker lol :-) good to know you

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Me as well , this forum has helped
And I'm in Missouri . My real name is Jason
Frankzito is a moniker lol :-) good to know you

I'm Kellie :) nice meeting you too