PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization Disorder

KatLT
06-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Has anyone ever had this? It is something that used to rarely happen to me, but now happens at least once a day where for a few minutes or even hours I feel completely detached from reality. I still know what is going on around me, I know exactly where I am and everything. I just don't feel like it's real.

blondieqtpie
06-28-2013, 12:36 AM
Sometimes just feeling emotionally detached or from anxiety can make you feel like this. I know when i have anxiety or panic attacks I feel
Detached from what is around me. Is it an uncomfortable feeling ? If not.. Maybe spiritual ?? Don't know your beliefs but that kind of feeling can stem from many things

earthchild
06-28-2013, 04:23 AM
I get it daily and it sucks. Oftentimes this is a symptom of anxiety and not a standalone disorder. It's unpleasant(as you know) but it's usually transient. Do you feel like things look a little different when you feel that way?
I've noticed it is worse with lack of sleep or too much caffeine.

leetbulldog
06-29-2013, 02:24 AM
I get it daily and it sucks. Oftentimes this is a symptom of anxiety and not a standalone disorder. It's unpleasant(as you know) but it's usually transient. Do you feel like things look a little different when you feel that way?
I've noticed it is worse with lack of sleep or too much caffeine.

Yes same here, feel it more when I don't sleep and caffeine! sucks!! I hate that feeling!