PDA

View Full Version : Head pressure relief?

Ahlstrom
06-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Howdy yall, I've been having a lot of head pressure lately, I haven't had it in a couple of months but it always drives me nuts feeling like there's something in my brain.

If anyone has this what are some ways you use to relieve it? Sometimes when I go to bed an wake up it'll be gone for the day, but recently it's been returning every other day.

Dcoito
06-27-2013, 10:10 PM
One girl put on here awhile back that a cold compress helped, I tried it and it did seem to relieve it some. I hate those! Feels like your brain is swelling up! And you can't concentrate!

JennJenn
06-27-2013, 10:13 PM
I swear by my ColPac by Chattanooga. It is blue and soft and It has a little weight to it so for some reason it calms me. There for a while I was sleeping with the darn things. Its like an 11" x 14" so it was my best friend for a long time.

Dcoito
06-27-2013, 10:15 PM
LOL Jen. Slept with mine too!

Ahlstrom
06-27-2013, 10:33 PM
How long do I apply it and is there any specific place I should put it on my neck/head? Would a regular ice pack work as well?

laurentellez
06-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Does anyone ever get sharp pains in temples??

Dcoito
06-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Yup. Catches me off guard sometimes, short lived tho! Even tho I may get a few within the day. Also I will get them along the side of my neck.

KatLT
06-27-2013, 11:52 PM
It happens to me all the time. I try to just relax and take some ibuprofen and it goes away usually. Most of the time it moves into my neck too.

blondieqtpie
06-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Nurofen is a prescription drug with ibuprofen and codeine... You can order it online as it's available online only In the uk and Australia. Both Together help

missmello
06-28-2013, 03:44 AM
I've been getting this a lot lately too. I also get pain right in between my eyes so I'm not sure if its sinus pressure or a tension headache, because I find that I clench my jaw a lot too. I've tried taking Sudafed and Advil, makes the pain and pressure go away for a little while but it comes right back. Been like this for a few weeks.

bonehead
06-28-2013, 06:01 AM
feels like your head is in a vice and your eyeballs are gonna burst? feels like your brain is a flaming hot ball of molten lava? i frikkin hated that!!

stress wreaks havoc on the body.. tension causes all kinds of crazy feelings and weird sensations, and headaches and tight shoulders, etc.

take some magnesium and chill out.. grandma's have been using that stuff (epsom salt baths) for generations to unwind after a hectic day.. it worked for them, it worked for me and wifey, and there's a pretty good chance it will work for you.

str8trippin
06-28-2013, 08:13 AM
I get the head pressure thing nearly every day, sometimes accompanied by a slight dizzy sensation and my ears get crackly and feel like they need to pop but won't, and I hate it...it's one thing that scares me the most. I'll wake up and won't be feeling it and no sooner than I get to work and there it is. It's a completely awful and scary feeling. I can't decide if the Ibuprofen seems to help it because it's not painful at all...just pressure, which is why it makes me feel so uncomfortable and uneasy.

defmunel
06-28-2013, 08:28 AM
It's happened to me a few times. I plug my nose and breathe and mouth, and pop my ears. That always helped.

str8trippin
06-28-2013, 08:32 AM
It's happened to me a few times. I plug my nose and breathe and mouth, and pop my ears. That always helped.

I try this all the time, but my ears never pop. They just crackle more. I wish they would!