PDA

View Full Version : Any advice?

Jconley
06-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey guys I just found out yesterday that I will have to fly in November on business. I know it is five months away but I am stressing about it already. I haven't ever been on a plane but I know me and my anxiety will be horrible. Just feeling trapped and unable to get out terrifies me. Does anyone have advice? Or have you been through a similar experience?

Dcoito
06-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Ativan! Ask your doctor to prescribe you some Ativan! Works good for situational anxiety.

Blessed
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Ativan! Ask your doctor to prescribe you some Ativan! Works good for situational anxiety.

I agree it helps me when I can't deal

dannycellis
06-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Distraction really helps me. Music, a movie or game on my laptop, draw, anything. Reading for some reason doesn't help me. I just get too anxious to concentrate. All the best.

JennJenn
06-27-2013, 09:36 PM
I too have never flown! I may too have too soon as well unless I can figure something else out and I am totally freaking. I was ok when I thought someone will be going with me! Begging my husband to take vacation and drive me 15 hours. Probably not going to happen so Ativan I too will be asking my doctor to prescribe for sure.

str8trippin
06-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Another thing you could try is Dramamine! Probably one of the biggest things people use on plane trips. It helps to prevent dizziness and nausea associated with motion sickness, but it makes you sleepy, so a lot of people take it to be able to sleep through a plane ride, and it works wonders. And best of all it's something you can buy over the counter. I've flown many times, and I have horrible claustrophobia, so it's a wonder it doesn't freak me out more than it does. I do have to fly next month though, and I'm a little worried just because it's the first time I'm flying since I've had severe anxiety. But if I can do it, you can! I take music with me, make sure I have something to drink and some gum to chew, and that I don't sit in a window seat and I'm fine. I also have Ativan prescribed like the others mentioned, so I'll probably take it along just in case.