PDA

View Full Version : tight tense muscles throughout body.

Willo1982
06-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Ok so I was doing really well over the last couple of weeks... my anxiety was subsiding and so was my aching leg muscles (I have also been doing stretching exercises to help) however the past few days I have been stressed out with general stuff and I could feel my body tensing up. Last night my legs were aching and I woke up to this constant aching feeling in the legs today...its not painful just a discomfort. I have tried stretching but no luck. Now anxiety is trying to tell me it could be something more serious. I forgot to state I do have very tight tendons in my arms and in calves. Does anyone else suffer from the sumptoms and can anxiety/stress be the course?

str8trippin
06-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Any time I'm stressed I get tense, so I definitely think it could all be anxiety related. I tend to hold a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders, which is why I have a stiff neck so frequently. I also clench my teeth and that makes my jaw ache a lot. I've found massage (from someone who really knows what they are doing) really helps me to release the tension and the aching feeling subsides a lot. I also use Village Naturals Aches and Pains Relief bath salts, and that helps with general aching in my body when I get tense. Have you tried anything else besides the stretching to try and relieve the aching?

Willo1982
06-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Normally I hold my stress in my neck and shoulders but for the past few months I went through so much.. a bit of a long run down: I played a game of netball and afterwards I felt pain in legs, feet, arms, wrists and fingers. Went to docs a few days later all blood work was done and all normal. No signs of arthritis or any autoimmune disorders. This pain kept up for a few wks, then my nana passed away (emotionally screwed me up but am getting cbt). I lost a fair bit of weight and then in amongst all this I bought a house (really stressful). While all this was going on my legs started to ache when walking it was pretty constant but now it comes and goes. They tend to ache more at night. I have good n bad days. I have attempted to go back to gym more just to do light cardio and I have just started acupuncture. I was seeing a physio and a podiatrist. My doc also checked for dvt and vein issues but nothing. I miss being able to run and play netball. I feel like im constantly worrying about these symptoms. Im over it :(