PDA

View Full Version : "things just dont feel right feeling and thoughts?"

mglover92
06-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Anyone ever get these thoughts that come randomly that things just dont "feel right? and you dont feel normal" Or something bad is going to happen soon? Is this just anxiety and is it normal? I hate it

leetbulldog
06-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Yes I get this thoughts, feelings. They are scary because you feel like you know what's gonna happen. anxiety sucks! :/

kelliesean
06-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Anyone ever get these thoughts that come randomly that things just dont "feel right? and you dont feel normal" Or something bad is going to happen soon? Is this just anxiety and is it normal? I hate it

Yep.. I get eerie feelings.. Pits in my stomach.. The feeling of impending doom is a classic anxiety symptom.. Grrrr

mglover92
06-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Yep.. I get eerie feelings.. Pits in my stomach.. The feeling of impending doom is a classic anxiety symptom.. Grrrr

how do you guys deal with it?

kelliesean
06-26-2013, 09:41 PM
how do you guys deal with it?

:-).. Well.. I have been dealing w anxiety for many years.. Prob around 14.. If not earlier .. But It came to a head when I was 25.. I just was so overcome w anxiety. I went to the ER.. And they gave me lorazepam and suggested I get into therapy..

I was originally very against meds and being in therapy.. But I was at the end of my rope and went along w wht was suggested. That was the best decision I ever made in my life. Meds and therapy greatly improved my quality of life!

I recently got off my meds to see.. About 6 mos ago.. But I am not experiencing more and more symptoms and have gone back on meds and in therapy... Just trying to cope till it all kicks in ;)

But when I experience anxiety.. I usually go for deep breathing/meditation.. And especially distraction.. A funny TV show.. Shopping for great new shoes on the Internet.. What ever will change my mood....