PDA

View Full Version : Monophobia

maliyasmummy
06-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Does anyone else suffer from this ?

str8trippin
06-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Well, when I clicked on your post I was thinking to myself, no, I don't...because I don't even know what monophobia is. And then I looked up what it is and I DEFINITELY do! I don't think it's severe and it shows itself at different times for me, but I've definitely experienced it and do experience it.

maliyasmummy
06-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I have it quite bad and I'm due to travel 100 miles from my home next weekend and this has set off my anxiety really bad panic attacks, thoughts etc dont know how I'm going to make the trip x

str8trippin
06-26-2013, 07:59 PM
I can relate. The first really bad panic attack I had happened while I was making a 150 mile drive alone really late at night....I haven't attempted to drive many long distances since, especially alone, and any time I'm driving I HAVE to have some kind of music or an audio book or something.

JLBnole68
06-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I have this, too. A few months ago, I had to travel out of town for work. Even though it was only 2 days (and in a nice beach town), I thought I was going to die (indigestion, heart palpitations, you name it). I've never been so glad when my plane touched down at home. I was having severe anxiety on the plane, crammed in by the window next to a stranger. On top of that, I had to do an advertising pitch to a new client with 9 company execs in the room. That actually wasn't as bad as the night at the hotel and the traveling. I think it's because my mind was so occupied with delivering my presentation. Right now, all my family's out of town on vacation and I've been miserable almost every day just trying to cope with them not being nearby. They're coming home Saturday and I'm praying this will help me settle down a bit.

Stephj526
06-26-2013, 10:27 PM
I definitely have this!! It's all the time for me. If I'm not around people then I'm on the phone with someone. Or I really have to distract myself. I used to live alone and never had this...then out of no where I developed anxiety a few months ago and now this is probably the worst part for me.

Ahlstrom
06-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Maybe a bit, when everyone in my house went to bed my anxiety shot up, now it only makes me a little nervous but it ain't so baaaad mannn

maliyasmummy
06-28-2013, 09:36 AM
I have it really bad I mean my whole body shakes and I can't breathe I'm on herbal drops aswell as meds now

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I have it really bad I mean my whole body shakes and I can't breathe I'm on herbal drops aswell as meds now

I'm curious how long you have been on meds for now?

I have been anxious for evvvvverrrrrr lol.. Seriously. But meds and therapy make a world of difference..

I was DX w chronic depression, panic disorder and agoraphobia.

Now.. I didn't know what monophobia was.. So I had to google. And I just saw "fear of being alone".. It reminds me of being agoraphobic tho.. So I can say I can relate to what you may be going thro..

I couldn't do anything t alone at all for pretty much all my life.. I slept alone from about the ages of .. 5-12.. But since 12 I have not been able to sleep alone.. And to add craziness to it, I cdnt sleep in the dark, and or without TV or radio on.. Smh..

I also couldn't take unfamiliar drives alone .. And I would NEVER go into a store alone..

I'm telling you.. I look back and don't even know how I lived like that!

I too had bad tremors.. Shaking like a leaf.. I had dizzy and faint spells.. Suffocating feeling.. I believed I was asthmatic for a long time due to that last symptom..

But I went on meds when I was 25.. And WOW!! I was a new person.. But don't misunderstand.. I was absolutely still me.. I still had some hang ups.. Etc..

But my family was AMAZED! I could go over bridges! I could sleep alone! In the dark! No noise for distraction!!! Omg!! It was a blessing :-) I was free :-))))

I am here bc I am relapsing. But not as severe as those many years ago..

I had stopped taking my meds about 6 mos ago. And my symptoms slowly began returning (I am 35 btw)..

I have been on Zoloft again for the past 4 weeks.. Ups and downs.. But I am feeling pretty good the last 3 days!

My dr assures me that people like us can overcome this terrible disease.. And that my medication will have me feeling like me again ASAP :-)

I hope your meds make you feel anxiety free ASAP too

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 10:10 AM
"Agoraphobia Consult a doctor if you have a medical concern. Panic disorder with agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder in which a person has attacks of intense fear and anxiety. There is also a fear of being in places where it is hard to escape, or where help might not be available."

So for me.. I feared being alone bc who would help me if I needed help? If I were alone..

maliyasmummy
06-28-2013, 10:23 AM
I've been on meds 9 years now when I first started having attacks n moved in with my parents so that's my safety net I panic I go there this time I've been trying to stay at home and get through

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 10:31 AM
I've been on meds 9 years now when I first started having attacks n moved in with my parents so that's my safety net I panic I go there this time I've been trying to stay at home and get through

So I guess you are relapsing too?

maliyasmummy
06-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Yea and it makes it worse that we know what's happening and what to expect and that we will get thru it but it don't make it less scarey

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Yea and it makes it worse that we know what's happening and what to expect and that we will get thru it but it don't make it less scarey

I know!!! I just saw my psychiatrist this am. N I was saying that very same thing to him.." It's hard to imagine I'll get better :(((".. But he looks through my chart and points out how bad I was was.. How good I got.. And says I will be better again..

So what is the plan of action for you to get better? Did he up your meds or anything?

maliyasmummy
06-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Have u tried rescue remedy ?

kelliesean
06-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Have u tried rescue remedy ?

What's that??

maliyasmummy
06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
It's herbal drops can buy them from any chemist or supermarket