PDA

View Full Version : Cant deal with my dad much longer

Samantha34
06-24-2013, 09:46 AM
So im having problems with my dad and it seems to never stop. It always the same thing every time and he just wont see things my way or even try to understand me. I have problems with him telling me that i just have to "get over it" meaning get over my OCD and anxiety. I went and saw a new therapist last Thursday and she told me that i could ask him to say "i hope you get better soon" or something else thats not so mean. When my dad got home i asked him if he could do that and all he did was laugh and said "get over." To me that is very disrespectful and not supportive at all. I seriously feel like i need to move out of my house because of my dad. I really cant take him any more.

Yesterday morning when i got up he started yelling at me telling me that i need to get a job again. And ive told him a thousand times that i cant get a job because every job you have to use chemicals at some point and im afraid of chemicals right now. So i got mad and stormed out of my house because i couldnt listen to it.

I just feel like i have no one else to talk to because my mom backs up my dad saying that hes stressed out and my boyfriend doesnt know what to do. My boyfriend asked me if we needed to move in together just so that i can get away from my dad. When im with my boyfriend and at his house (he also lives with his parents) i feel a lot better and my OCD and anxiety arent killing me. Also when its time for me to go home i never want to because i hate my house and its all because of my dad. Im fine when im with my mom but i hate when my dad comes home.

I use to like my dad and now i cant even stand him. I dont like being around him because i never know what hes going to say or if hes going to piss me off.

Any advise on how i can mange to deal with him?

DodgingRain
06-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Have you tried to find a job that doesn't deal with chemicals like some clerical/computer work?

xxcraigiexx
06-26-2013, 05:45 PM
I know exactly what you are going through. Last year I had to stop working because my panic got so bad. For the first few months I was out of work my father would always tell me i was fine and to get over it. He has had a terrible time understanding what I am going through which made things 100 times worse on me because I didn't want to feel like a burden and useless. Last month I decided to sit with my father when I was in the middle of a full blown panic attack. I had one of those pulse watches on so he could see how bad my heart rate got. I told him that when I panic every second feels like my last. This really scared him to the point he started to cry... And I have never seen my dad cry lol. He told me that he didn't know it was that bad. I guess what I'm saying is try and sit down with him and pour your heart out. I hope it gets better :)

Ahlstrom
06-26-2013, 10:47 PM
He just doesn't understand. Only people with anxiety disorder will ever understand. I'd suggest moving out, or find someone else to help you cope and just never bring it up with him.

Samantha34
06-27-2013, 12:53 AM
I know exactly what you are going through. Last year I had to stop working because my panic got so bad. For the first few months I was out of work my father would always tell me i was fine and to get over it. He has had a terrible time understanding what I am going through which made things 100 times worse on me because I didn't want to feel like a burden and useless. Last month I decided to sit with my father when I was in the middle of a full blown panic attack. I had one of those pulse watches on so he could see how bad my heart rate got. I told him that when I panic every second feels like my last. This really scared him to the point he started to cry... And I have never seen my dad cry lol. He told me that he didn't know it was that bad. I guess what I'm saying is try and sit down with him and pour your heart out. I hope it gets better :)

I have tried to tell him how i feel and he has seen how bad i get. he has seen 3 anxiety attacks that i got. it got so bad once i was having a hard time breathing i actually had to call my therapist and ask what to do because i just couldnt calm down.

I do feel like a burden because i cant pay for anything and i know that he pays for everything. he thinks i dont understand that and he feels like im just taking his money but im not. im going to therapy so that i can get better and get back to working so that its not so hard on him but i have to work my way up there first.

Samantha34
06-27-2013, 12:57 AM
He just doesn't understand. Only people with anxiety disorder will ever understand. I'd suggest moving out, or find someone else to help you cope and just never bring it up with him.

I never say anything to him first. He always starts which is the hard part. I dont say anything because i dont want to start a fight but he tends to bring it up. He will look at me and just say you need to do this so just get over it.

I have no way of moving out right now. I dont have any money and my boyfriend doesnt have money to support both me and him if we were to move in together.

I know he doesnt understand and wont but he thinks he does and he wont take no for an answer. I try to tell him he doesnt know what its like but he insists that he does.

I just cant get through to him so it makes life at my house very hard.