PDA

View Full Version : Passing out

sharacel91
06-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Has anyone ever passed out due to anxiety? I keep getting these headache and dizzy spells I feel like I'm close to passing out and have to lay down then my heart starts to race so fast I think something bad is about to happen this is quite new to me the dizziness please someone reassure me!!

em1
06-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Has anyone ever passed out due to anxiety? I keep getting these headache and dizzy spells I feel like I'm close to passing out and have to lay down then my heart starts to race so fast I think something bad is about to happen this is quite new to me the dizziness please someone reassure me!!

Hello :) I've had dizzyness really bad for years and have had the same feelings as your getting tho I've never passed out ever :)

kelliesean
06-23-2013, 03:38 PM

I have gotten incredibly dizzy due to anxiety.. Yes.. That is very much a symptom of anxiety..

It's hard to imagine such a strong and clear physical symptom is just anxiety.. But it is..

I was pretty free and clear of almost all anxiety symptoms for 10 years, bc I finally got into therapy, and took meds..I cd not believe how everything cleared up! I felt it was a miracle.

But before that.. I absolutely had terrible dizzy spells .. Small black outs.. Heart palpitations.. Tremors .. Dizziness.. Tunnel vision..

Looking back.. I am absolutely astounded what anxiety can do!

I am actually here bc I am relapsing a bit after having gone off my meds recently.. But iam back on a few weeks now :) .. Looking forward!

manz82
06-23-2013, 03:39 PM
This is the most scariest and persistent symptom I suffer with. It happens to me when I'm overcrowded or nervous (which is often!).
I also get a heavy head feeling from time to time, although this seems to be getting slowly better.
My only advice to you would be to practice relaxed breathing and do your best to ignore it (advice I need to heed!).
I know it's scary and I too feel like I could pass out - but I have been dealing with anxiety and panic for four years and I have never once passed out. Apparently, passing out is actually near-impossible because of the way the body reacts during panic. We just have to start believing this. Xx

sharacel91
06-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys I am also 6 weeks pregnant so whether this has anything to do with it xxx

Megpie4525
06-23-2013, 03:51 PM
This is the most scariest and persistent symptom I suffer with. It happens to me when I'm overcrowded or nervous (which is often!).
I also get a heavy head feeling from time to time, although this seems to be getting slowly better.
My only advice to you would be to practice relaxed breathing and do your best to ignore it (advice I need to heed!).
I know it's scary and I too feel like I could pass out - but I have been dealing with anxiety and panic for four years and I have never once passed out. Apparently, passing out is actually near-impossible because of the way the body reacts during panic. We just have to start believing this. Xx

When I read what you write, I'm like DUH!! I know this but for some reason I won't trust it!! This forum has really helped me and I'm glad that everyone is brave enough to speak about their problems! What you wrote really helped me! Thanks ;)