PDA

View Full Version : I have to trust the doctor

xxcraigiexx
06-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Im 26 years old and Last night I woke up with a stabbing pain on the right side of my chest. I gave it a little bit and then decided to go to the ER just to be safe. I went and they did an EKG and and chest X-ray. The doc came in and told me it was nothing and I am fine. My main fear with everything is my heart and he told me that my EKG was so good I could run 20 miles and have no problem. I have to learn to trust the doctor and trust that he knows what he's doing.

Handsy
06-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I've been through something similar, and i've had various chest pains, including stabbing pains and even heart palpitations. Had an EKG done, everything was normal, so i stopped worrying about it, and guess what, i've had no heart/chest related symptoms ever since. Hope this helps.

raggamuffin
06-24-2013, 05:24 AM
Chest pains are one of the most common anxiety symptoms. Sharp and stabbing or dull and long lasting. Believe yoru Dr, we don't have 5+ years of medical knowledge under our belts. We just have paranoia and fretting. It doesn't compare ;)

Ed

str8trippin
06-24-2013, 10:05 AM
It's REALLY hard to trust someone telling you nothing is wrong when things feel as wrong as they do! The more I would focus on whatever physical symptom I was having, the worse it would get. If I would let go of it, it would go away and then a different physical symptom would start. Your mind is pretty powerful over your body!

raggamuffin
06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah bit's true, if pains come and go and aren't constant. if when you keep yoruself busy they fade etc it's all clear signs it's anxiety. If it was some udnerlying cause it sure as hell wouldn't lessen if you kept yourself busy or not.

Ed