PDA

View Full Version : Cancer scare

AnxiousBob
06-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Pancreatic cancer, I'm terrified that I have pancreatic cancer.
Results through on Monday. In highly anxious state, only something you can understand.
It might be a host of things but I'm fixated on pancreatic cancer.
It feels like I'm going out of my mind!

JCX
06-22-2013, 06:32 PM
BREATHE!!!! You will be fine im sure my friend!!!!

Dcoito
06-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Bob! Your ok! Why are you thinking this way? What test are you waiting for?

AnxiousBob
06-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Bob! Your ok! Why are you thinking this way? What test are you waiting for?

Dcoito, thank you for your reply.
I've had a few medical issues lately and am being tested for a number of issues.
It could be IBS, Celiac, pancreatitis,… a number of other issues.
But I'm focused on this one thing! Very irrational, I know but my damn brain just won't stop tormenting me.

AnxiousBob

Dcoito
06-22-2013, 07:12 PM
These test are to rule things out! Before maybe other test are done, please just relax! Stay occupied, talk with friends or family! And clear your mind and do some guided relaxation! Believe your going to be ok!

JLBnole68
06-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Bob, the chances of this being pancreatic cancer are extremely small. I have had digestive issues as well and of course, I also worried about the worst-case scenarios. You will be just fine. The more you worry, the more intense any digestive symptoms will become. Trust me, I know from experience. Waiting for test results is always nerve-wrecking, but hang in there. You're going to be ok. In the meantime, relax as much as you can, talk to other people and keep your mind focused away from negative, obsessive thoughts about your health as much as possible.

mw0929
06-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm sure you are going to be fine. Just try to breathe and remember that it's pretty unlikely you have pancreatic cancer. They just want to rule out whatever they can to get to the root of your problem.

AnxiousBob
06-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Thank you all for your kinds words and advice.
I'm still freaking out here but it's very heartening to realize that there are so many good people willing to help a stranger.