PDA

View Full Version : What happen to you during a panic attack?

littleduck98
06-22-2013, 06:11 AM
I was wondering what happens to other people when they're anxiety gets too much? Just wanted to see what else is out there.

manz82
06-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Mine vary, but the majority of the time it starts with my eyes and head going funny and blurry. Then I will start to hyperventilate which makes me feel spaced out and confused - then my heart will pound and it's at this point that the fight or flight kicks in. Most of the time I can see it through but every so often I still run to my safe haven (home).

brittany32888
06-22-2013, 11:44 AM
I start feeling hot, i get this hot tingling sensation in my shoulders and neck. Then I start feeling nauseated and like I can't breathe. And then the fear of passing out comes on. I usually can talk myself out of them now, but I usually have to leave wherever it is that I am, like if I'm in public I will go outside or to a bathroom.

alankay
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Pulse increases, shaking and a sense of fear and doom that is intense so much so it feels like I might die or go mad(but won't) but it feels that way and is very nasty indeed. Alankay

Ryaan
06-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Panic sets in, body kicks out adrenaline, arms and hands shake, tingle, go dumb, become hard to move, lips shake, heart flutters and pounds, then the psychotic fear kicks in and escalates the whole situation, for me, it feels like certain death everytime.

pluperfecthell
06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
My day to day ones aren't that bad - just a racing heart and my hands start shaking.
Last month, I experienced the worst ones I've ever had in my life - full body tremors, lightheaded, face tingling, loss of coordination, depersonalization/derealization (definitely the scariest thing I've ever experienced), shortness of breath, tension headaches, my hands shake so bad that I can't hold things, nauseous, feeling like I'm going to pass out, ears feel clogged, I feel like I'm literally going to die at any second.

Dahila
06-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Pounding heart, blood pressure up, sweating and shaking hands, hot flashes, Fear that I am going to die. Headache. Only meds help

Megpie4525
06-22-2013, 07:59 PM
My day to day ones aren't that bad - just a racing heart and my hands start shaking.
Last month, I experienced the worst ones I've ever had in my life - full body tremors, lightheaded, face tingling, loss of coordination, depersonalization/derealization (definitely the scariest thing I've ever experienced), shortness of breath, tension headaches, my hands shake so bad that I can't hold things, nauseous, feeling like I'm going to pass out, ears feel clogged, I feel like I'm literally going to die at any second.

My ears feel clogged to!!!! All the time! Is this normal??!!

Megpie4525
06-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Well I know it's no normal but do your ears stay clogged??

pluperfecthell
06-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Well I know it's no normal but do your ears stay clogged??

My left ear constantly feels clogged... like, basically all day and a couple of times it's been my right ear. I've told my normal doctor and 2 ER doctors about it and they can't find anything wrong with them so I guess it's a weird anxiety thing?? Strange.

photog25
06-22-2013, 09:17 PM
I feel like I'm not really there, if that makes sense. Things start to feel kind of surreal. Then I have trouble breathing and I start to hyperventilate. I start to shake, and I rock back and forth. I feel like I'm going to throw up and pass out.

I usually have to excuse myself to a smaller area, like a bathroom stall. Somewhere that feels like my own. If I'm out in the open, it just makes things worse and I panic even more.

Megpie4525
06-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't have the heart racing and stuff anymore... Mine is my legs will feel like they can't hold me up and my head gets heavy and tight and my ears will feel like they have fluid in them! Weirdest thing ever!

frankzito
06-22-2013, 09:32 PM
My attacks, usually I wake up in the middle of the night with a hot body and heart racing. Beta blockers have stopped that, but the heat is still there, and fear of course. I just ignore it and go back to sleep. I used to get tingly body and my left ear feels clogged too, has for years.

Dcoito
06-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Hmmm magpie. I've always had that fluid or full ear feeling off and on for years! I had vertigo at one point as well, I asked the doctor when he looked in my ears if they looked ok, he looked again deeper and said yup they look fine! He said I have small ear canal, but it was ok. I said no fluid in there? He said nope! I was ok! LOL. I can still to this day lay on my left side and hear fluid moving in my ear. Like I had been swimming or something and got water in my ears. Never connected it to anxiety tho. Had no other symptoms at the time.

Megpie4525
06-22-2013, 09:50 PM
I've never had it until I had that attack in the store and since then I have it! When I have a good day and little to no anxiety, I don't have it. Wonder why??!! I know it makes your neck and shoulders tense (which I have on a regular) wonder if that has something to do with it. And vertigo, YES!

Dahila
06-22-2013, 09:52 PM
maybe you blood pressure is spiking, it can clogg the ear, I think, I had it.

Megpie4525
06-23-2013, 10:23 AM
My BP is usually really good. It's constant.

Vickyclare
06-23-2013, 11:49 AM
OMG I am so glad I found this thread!!! I have suffered with anxiety and panic for over 8 years however at the beginning of may I had dizzy symptoms which worsened over weeks and I ended up collapsing in a grocery store. I was in and out of hosp which they said they suspected vertigo. To cut a long story short I was re admitted to hosp for 2.5 weeks because I was so dizzy and disorientated I couldnt stand. The hospital did all tests, even an MRI brain scan, they checked my ears everything and everything came bk norm. They suspect that I have experienced a "different" form of panic attack than my usual and it is all anxiety based :(!!! Anyway since the hospital discharge I am now still left with intermittent dizzy spells where I feel like my legs cant hold me up, I feel detached from the world and at times I dont know whats real or not. I shake to a point where my whole body tremours and I feel like someone is sitting on my chest. I get ear ache and they itch like mad. Im so glad im not on my own with these symptoms........I feel like im going mad!!! Xxxxxxx

Megpie4525
06-23-2013, 11:54 AM
OMG I am so glad I found this thread!!! I have suffered with anxiety and panic for over 8 years however at the beginning of may I had dizzy symptoms which worsened over weeks and I ended up collapsing in a grocery store. I was in and out of hosp which they said they suspected vertigo. To cut a long story short I was re admitted to hosp for 2.5 weeks because I was so dizzy and disorientated I couldnt stand. The hospital did all tests, even an MRI brain scan, they checked my ears everything and everything came bk norm. They suspect that I have experienced a "different" form of panic attack than my usual and it is all anxiety based :(!!! Anyway since the hospital discharge I am now still left with intermittent dizzy spells where I feel like my legs cant hold me up, I feel detached from the world and at times I dont know whats real or not. I shake to a point where my whole body tremours and I feel like someone is sitting on my chest. I get ear ache and they itch like mad. Im so glad im not on my own with these symptoms........I feel like im going mad!!! Xxxxxxx

Girl trust me! I go through the same thing!!! I had a spell I passing out and that feeling never leaves so when I get that dizzy feeling, my mind automatically goes back to that moment. My legs get to shakin and I feel like everything is like slow motion or something. Heck I dunno but it is soooooo aggravating bc you know it's anxiety and you know nothing bad is gonna happen, ya just can't shake it! I don't wanna be on meds I have 2 children but I'm about to the point I'm gonna have to!

JennJenn
06-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Megpie, I too am from beautiful Tennessee and I too am always scared of passing out. I have yet to do it but man I sure feel I am going to when I get lightheaded.

Megpie4525
06-23-2013, 06:21 PM
What part Jenn? Yeah it's a scary feeling but reading all of these stories and hearing such great advice, I'm ready to try it out tomorrow! Like someone said, she's had anxiety for four years and have always had the feelin but never passed out and even if ya tried your body is not gonna let you!