PDA

View Full Version : Having anxiety since 2010

Vannie05
06-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Hi guys!!

What a great forum!! I love the way everybody supports eachother overhere.
I've been suffering from anxiety for a few years now and it's hard and exhausting!!
I've been beating this without any meds, I did get some help from a psychologist for 8 months and last week I had my last appointment, she thinks I'm ready for my " normal" life again.

I've been feeling good for the last two months, no PA anymore, the physical symptoms don't bother me anymore, I almost can say that I don't notice them anymore!!!
But I feel strange feeling better, is like this anxiety controlled my life for so long and kept me busy 24/7, that now I feel strange not thinking about it!?!? :-)
I just have to learn to live without anxiety again ... How weerd is that?!

What helped me a lot was meditation, work out and cognitive therapy ( also a diet and lot's of support from family a friends)

I want you all to know, you CAN beat this, it's hard but not impossible!!!!
Never give up, no matter how hard it gets, DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Belive me, if I can do this.... You can do this too!!!

Good luck everybody and keep on smilling!!!! ( you're anxiety hates that!!!) :-)

Sorry if my English is not so good, but I'm from Holland!!!

Keep your head up, keep your mind strong!!

em1
06-21-2013, 03:17 AM
It's fantasic to read your story and gives everyone hope I like you have had this for years and I know I can beat it,what things did you change in your diet?

Vannie05
06-21-2013, 03:31 AM
It's fantasic to read your story and gives everyone hope I like you have had this for years and I know I can beat it,what things did you change in your diet?

Of course you can!!! Trust yourself, giving up is not an option!!!
I stop drinking coffee, milk products (only drink sojamilk), eat lot's of vegetables and fruit, almost no meat and try to avoid sugars and salt...

Is your anxiety more about the physical symptoms or do you have trouble with "stupid" thoughts too??

Vannie05
06-21-2013, 03:46 AM

Forgot the most important one: Drink lot's of water!!!! :-)

em1
06-21-2013, 03:54 AM
Of course you can!!! Trust yourself, giving up is not an option!!!
I stop drinking coffee, milk products (only drink sojamilk), eat lot's of vegetables and fruit, almost no meat and try to avoid sugars and salt...

Is your anxiety more about the physical symptoms or do you have trouble with "stupid" thoughts too??

Thank you :) well I've had crazy thoughts lately and it's mad me so ill,I think because I did not let my anxiety win as I know it's not going to kill me it's put something else in the mix to fuel it,I've never had crazy thoughts even tho I've had it for years and it's really scared me,it won't win and I know they are only thoughts but it's still scary

Vannie05
06-21-2013, 04:07 AM
Thank you :) well I've had crazy thoughts lately and it's mad me so ill,I think because I did not let my anxiety win as I know it's not going to kill me it's put something else in the mix to fuel it,I've never had crazy thoughts even tho I've had it for years and it's really scared me,it won't win and I know they are only thoughts but it's still scary

Good to hear that you are really on your way to beat this!!!
I asked, because when I was recovering and not afraid of my symptoms anymore I got some really bad thoughts about my husband would leave me and thoughts like I was afraid I would do something to my 4 years old (the one thing in my life I love the most and would die for).... I would never do nothing to him!!! I'm a very good mum!!!

But anxiety is creepy, and it will do the best she cans to freak you out.... so how scary your thoughts are keep smilling and think.... " it's you again, my dear anxiety ;-) "
I the thoughts don't scare you anymore... You won!!!!

Keep on the good work you're doing...

em1
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
Good to hear that you are really on your way to beat this!!!
I asked, because when I was recovering and not afraid of my symptoms anymore I got some really bad thoughts about my husband would leave me and thoughts like I was afraid I would do something to my 4 years old (the one thing in my life I love the most and would die for).... I would never do nothing to him!!! I'm a very good mum!!!

But anxiety is creepy, and it will do the best she cans to freak you out.... so how scary your thoughts are keep smilling and think.... " it's you again, my dear anxiety ;-) "
I the thoughts don't scare you anymore... You won!!!!

Keep on the good work you're doing...

OMG you sound like me :) and it's just the thoughts I was having like I'm going to harm my two children and go to prison (crazy as hell) my children are my whole life and the reason I fight This as I want to show them the world is there Oyster and they can achieve anything they want,I never want my children to fear anything in life,please keep in touch I'm Emma by the way :)

Vannie05
06-21-2013, 05:10 AM
OMG you sound like me :) and it's just the thoughts I was having like I'm going to harm my two children and go to prison (crazy as hell) my children are my whole life and the reason I fight This as I want to show them the world is there Oyster and they can achieve anything they want,I never want my children to fear anything in life,please keep in touch I'm Emma by the way :)

Really?? That's exactly what I've been trough....
Als you see, it's all anxiety and nothing more!!!
Me too, I want my son to see the world als a beautiful place to be and enjoy huis life with no fears!!!
He is the reason I've beat this... He says all the time he loves me and I choose to believe in him and myself instead of being afraid all the time!

I'de love to keep in touch and my name is Vanda. :-)

em1
06-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Really?? That's exactly what I've been trough....
Als you see, it's all anxiety and nothing more!!!
Me too, I want my son to see the world als a beautiful place to be and enjoy huis life with no fears!!!
He is the reason I've beat this... He says all the time he loves me and I choose to believe in him and myself instead of being afraid all the time!

I'de love to keep in touch and my name is Vanda. :-)

How long did you have these thoughts for? I've had them for just over three weeks now,I know that they will go but it's still scary

Vannie05
06-21-2013, 06:52 AM
How long did you have these thoughts for? I've had them for just over three weeks now,I know that they will go but it's still scary

I think about 3,5 month...
Sometimes when I saw the news on tv or newspaper an I saw something about this issue, I started to get sweaty and doubting on everything about myself.
Now I can wach the news again and feel ok... and not having this thoughts!!!

I know it's scary Emma, but they will go, als soon as you're not afraid of them anymore, believe, it works exactly the same as with the physical symptoms.

Don't accept them, what helped me sometimes was to shout loud "STOP"!!!!! As loud as you can!!! Also see this thoughts as a joke and laugh about it when you have them.... It sounds crazy but it works!! :-)

em1
06-21-2013, 07:44 AM
I think that's what started it for me there was a Horrific murder on the news and it was playing on my mind and everywhere so that's where I think my minds gone mad and reading in to things like how did someone get to go that far etc it's a scary world sometimes,but things are looking up :)

Vannie05
06-21-2013, 08:15 AM
I think that's what started it for me there was a Horrific murder on the news and it was playing on my mind and everywhere so that's where I think my minds gone mad and reading in to things like how did someone get to go that far etc it's a scary world sometimes,but things are looking up :)

Exactly the same here!!
But you gonna win this battle!! Keep positive!

If you ever feel like talking, I'm here for you Emma!!

em1
06-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Thank you and you to :)