PDA

View Full Version : Dry drowning?

defmunel
06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
It's been all over Facebook. The article of the 10 yr old south carolina boy that drowned hours after being in the pool. Now I am completely paranoid for my son. He's 5 and not a great swimmer. He stays in the shallow end, but will still sometimes come up coughing like he swallowed water.

Well, today he got out of the pool saying he was so cold and had blue lips and needed to pee. I took him home and got him in the shower to warm up. After the shower he said he was still so cold and asked to put on hot pajamas.

He was acting pretty tired too. He had been swimming for 3 hours. We were watching a movie on the couch and he felt super hot and sweaty. Temp was 101.8. I then put on cool pajamas. I've given him Motrin which had lowered the fever. That was 4 hours ago. I'm laying in his bed with him, terrified he'll stop breathing. I can't even sleep.

Help? Suggestions?

MrsJ88
06-20-2013, 11:53 PM
I have been reading that too. You're a great mommy. I'd just sleep near him tonight to keep a watchful eye.

KatLT
06-20-2013, 11:53 PM
It could be a coincidence that he happened to get sick today. It might not have anything to do with the pool. If he is still has a fever in the morning I would give him more Motrin and call his doctor.