PDA

View Full Version : Over the suffeeing

Lost my angel 1976
06-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Hi all, I am new to this site.

I have been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for the past 7 years. It was all triggered off after my dad committed suicide and my son stopped breathing ( my son is ok ), I now have severe health anxiety and am a hypochondriac.
I have been able to get it under control for quite a while but about a month ago, I went numb and tingly down my right side, including face. First thought was " I'm having a stroke", I tried to tell my self it's ok, my neck has been playing up so maybe a pinched nerve. I told my chiropractor this and he said I should get it checked out because a pinched nerve in the neck would not cause numbness in the face, my phycologist also said she had not heard of this symptom as anxiety, so panic set in and a few days later again it happened, I took myself to ER and told them I suffer with anxiety but they didn't want to take chances, I had a ct scan done, all good and a ultrasound done on my throat to look for blockages, also all good. I have also been to ER recently thinking I'm having a heart attack, my chest is tight, left arm in a lot of pain and jaw hurts. I have had chest x ray and countless blood tests and everything is coming up clear. I keep myself busy trying to ignore every pain and twinge I get but they won't let up. I'm a single mum and am scared constantly, trying to put on a brave face for my kids. I'm tired all the time and panicky when I'm alone, especially at night, scared ill just drop dead and my kids will find me.
I have tried using anti depressants and they make me feel weired. Am currently living on rescue remedy. I'm scared if I actually do have a stroke or heart attack, how will I know if the symptoms are so similar.

str8trippin
06-21-2013, 09:04 AM
I can SO relate to everything you said! I'm also a single mom and I have major league health anxiety (never used to) and have been very much aware of my transition over the past few weeks from what seemed like, for all intents and purposes, normal, to a serious hypochondriac. Every little thing that I feel flares up the anxiety and I feel like it's relentlessly on my mind, no matter how much I try to distract myself. It's weird for me because I've always had fear of the doctor and try to avoid them at all costs, but I've been in and out a lot lately and have found myself WANTING to go because I want them to rule out the possibility that something is really wrong! The health care where I live is less than satisfactory in general, and I honestly haven't found a provider yet who actually cares to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong with me, which gives me even more anxiety because I feel like they think I'm just insane and not worth their time when I just desperately want the reassurance that I'm okay, physically. My primary did blood work (which I think she only did to placate me because I begged her to please do it...she didn't want to...she barely even talks to me when I'm in to see her at this point)...which all came back normal except for slightly high bad cholesterol. And I took myself to the ER earlier this week because I was having dull aching and horribly uncomfortable feeling in my left arm and hand for two days, along with a pain in the left center of my chest. They did an EKG, which was normal, and sent me home with some Ativan. It's all very frustrating and scary...but know you're not alone!

mykids12
06-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi all, I am new to this site.

I have been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for the past 7 years. It was all triggered off after my dad committed suicide and my son stopped breathing ( my son is ok ), I now have severe health anxiety and am a hypochondriac.
I have been able to get it under control for quite a while but about a month ago, I went numb and tingly down my right side, including face. First thought was " I'm having a stroke", I tried to tell my self it's ok, my neck has been playing up so maybe a pinched nerve. I told my chiropractor this and he said I should get it checked out because a pinched nerve in the neck would not cause numbness in the face, my phycologist also said she had not heard of this symptom as anxiety, so panic set in and a few days later again it happened, I took myself to ER and told them I suffer with anxiety but they didn't want to take chances, I had a ct scan done, all good and a ultrasound done on my throat to look for blockages, also all good. I have also been to ER recently thinking I'm having a heart attack, my chest is tight, left arm in a lot of pain and jaw hurts. I have had chest x ray and countless blood tests and everything is coming up clear. I keep myself busy trying to ignore every pain and twinge I get but they won't let up. I'm a single mum and am scared constantly, trying to put on a brave face for my kids. I'm tired all the time and panicky when I'm alone, especially at night, scared ill just drop dead and my kids will find me.
I have tried using anti depressants and they make me feel weired. Am currently living on rescue remedy. I'm scared if I actually do have a stroke or heart attack, how will I know if the symptoms are so similar.

When I'm anxious I notices my lip goes numb for a bit. It's happened many times for at least a year and a half. I was scared at first but the more I tea about anxiety the more I played it off to that. It's so easy for me to help others with their symptoms yet I think I'm dying every other day as well haha.

mykids12
06-21-2013, 01:26 PM
When I'm anxious I notices my lip goes numb for a bit. It's happened many times for at least a year and a half. I was scared at first but the more I tea about anxiety the more I played it off to that. It's so easy for me to help others with their symptoms yet I think I'm dying every other day as well haha.

Duh that's supposed to say the more I read, not the more I tea. My phone makes me sound stupid lol.