PDA

View Full Version : Managing Anxiety

AnxiousBob
06-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Can anyone share with me, any of the methods they use to manage their anxiety?
Any and all suggestions appreciated.

em1
06-20-2013, 02:19 PM
Is there anything you have tryed be4? I find lavender bath oils and room sprays are good,I also read books on panic attacks to understand what my body is doing and why

DodgingRain
06-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Anything that is distracting enough to require nearly all of my concentration works well. If I can only focus on one thing that isn't related to an anxiety trigger it breaks the cycle for a while.

str8trippin
06-20-2013, 03:08 PM
I LOVE Village Naturals Stress and Tension Relief Mineral Bath Soak...they also make some other ones that I really like and find really relaxing, particularly the one for muscle aches because I tend to get very tense end up feeling really sore, and that definitely seems to help some with the muscle relaxation and alleviating the soreness. Also, I'm typically very anti-massage because I don't trust people and to me a massage is very intimate, but I finally found someone I am comfortable with and the massage has been so beneficial to me. They also convinced be to go way out of my comfort zone and try Reiki, which is a form of energy work and massage, and I found that more helpful than I ever could have imagined. Would be happy to give you more information about it if you are interested.

missmello
06-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Exercise
Focusing on my work
Staying busy throughout the day
Getting out of the house and being with people
Researching anxiety, such as going to the bookstore and reading up on it
Guided meditation videos on youtube, look up "the honest guys"
"Belly Breathing"
Seeing a therapist and talking about it, trying to get to the root of the cause of the anxiety
Drinking sleepy time tea before bed
Taking multivitamins and B complex vitamins

these are all the things i'm doing right now

AnxiousBob
06-21-2013, 03:25 AM
Thank you all for your comments. There is plenty for me to work on.
I've already made a start with some guided meditations of Youtube (the Honest Guys and others).
Thank you again.

AnxiousBob.