PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Symptoms

concernedcass
06-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Hi everyone. I am curious has anyone ever had problems with their tongue? Like weakness, soreness, numb sensations. Feel like you are slurring your words, but no one else says anything? I have had these and many other anxiety related symptoms. Wondering if this is one of them though? And its been off and on for the past 14 months. Well its always kind of always there but its better somedays....

concernedcass
06-20-2013, 06:35 AM
I also should mention that I think I may have TMJ, I have been having a sore jaw and teeth lately, maybe this has to do with my tongue symptoms?

Dcoito
06-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Anxiety tenses up you muscles. Remind yourself to relax your jaw and tongue. Do some guided meditation on YouTube. You can try the honest guys sounds like you may be clenching your jaw at night. So make sure before you fall asleep to relax you jaw, lightly place your tongue against the roof of you mouth just behind your teeth gently close your mouth, and breath thro you nose slowly! Just pay attention to your breathing, and relaxed jaw until you fall asleep! A tense jaw is very common for people with anxiety! So just know that is what it is... And you will be fine! I had to do the same thing for my shoulders, and neck. It took a few days before it started to get better, and I constantly had to remind myself to relax them! Even through out the day.

concernedcass
06-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Anxiety tenses up you muscles. Remind yourself to relax your jaw and tongue. Do some guided meditation on YouTube. You can try the honest guys sounds like you may be clenching your jaw at night. So make sure before you fall asleep to relax you jaw, lightly place your tongue against the roof of you mouth just behind your teeth gently close your mouth, and breath thro you nose slowly! Just pay attention to your breathing, and relaxed jaw until you fall asleep! A tense jaw is very common for people with anxiety! So just know that is what it is... And you will be fine! I had to do the same thing for my shoulders, and neck. It took a few days before it started to get better, and I constantly had to remind myself to relax them! Even through out the day.

Thanks Dcoito!
I will definitely try this. I also have very tense shoulders and neck. Do your shoulders and neck cause you pain? Does it also cause tingling in arms and hands? Weakness/Clumsiness?

Dcoito
06-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes it dose! All of the above! I catch myself tensing up. My shoulders and neck hurt for days until I realized what I had to do. Relax. Relax. Relax.