PDA

View Full Version : 20 years old, insaaaane Anxiety!

Ryaan
06-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Hello, My names Ryan, I can't seem to do anything but focus on my anxiety, So I may as well share my thoughts and experiences here.

I guess Iv'e always been battling anxiety, just never realized exactly what it was, until about a year ago or so.

I quit my job about 3 months ago in hopes to leave this place and get better, but it hasn't happened.... It's gotten worse, and I had my first panic attack about 3 months ago.

Iv'e always been a pot smoker (officially quit due to anxiety).
I got really high one night and was experiencing some pretty bad panic, so i decided to go for a walk, then one hit me, boom, tachycardia for the first time, HR of 150 that lasted for hours, i called 911, ambulance came, they thought I was on speed, they called police because I couldn't calm down, finally I got in the ambulance and they put me overnight, Gave me IV liquid because they thought I was ODing, finally one of them gave me an ATIVAN, and within 30 minutes My heart calmed down, they said my potassium was very low and gave me another IV bag, needless to say, this is the most traumatic thing iv'e ever gone through, and ever since then Iv'e developed panic disorder on top of my GAD.

My main fears

-dying
-heart attack
-going completely insane
-heart palpitations
-generally fear that something is wrong

My symptoms include

Lethargy
very bad sleep
Weakness
Depression
OCD like symptoms
Racing thoughts
Stomach problems
Twitchy nerves
Fatigue
and dirty persistent sexual thoughts
Detached from reality

I dont know Exactly where my anxiety is coming from, right now the only thing that comforts me is being alone and playing COD.

To calm myself i like to sit in the shower and just let the water hit me, and it actually helps.

I had a 24 hour monitor done and shit loads of tests done....

Doctor looked at me and told me it was in my fucking head?

shaikhrahuf
06-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Ryaan,
Yes that what is anxiety, i was alos a heavy pot smoker since 8 yrs until one night around 3 am BANG, I got up and mybheart was racing like hell cant hold my breath and all those u said, i m at this piint onky for smoking marijuana very high, done various test of heart blood etc.. all came nagative and doc said its heart palpitations, its been 2 yrs nw i hv completeky stopped smoking and concentrating on my breathing meds and exercise, hv anxiety in evenings bt i hv learnt to control them..

Ryaan
06-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Yeah, in my opinion the Marijuana allowed me to focus on my anxiety at a deeper level witch created panic, it's an extremely hard thing to go through, and I feel bad for anyone going through this, it honestly feels like an evil spirit is inside me, destroying me. It's not fun, prisoners in our own minds.

em1
06-20-2013, 03:25 AM
Yeah, in my opinion the Marijuana allowed me to focus on my anxiety at a deeper level witch created panic, it's an extremely hard thing to go through, and I feel bad for anyone going through this, it honestly feels like an evil spirit is inside me, destroying me. It's not fun, prisoners in our own minds.

Hello Ryaan in Emma :) I to know how these feelings and thoughts feel,they are very scary,I've had anxiety for over 20 years now and be4 you go OMG I can't cope,it's not allways there and it comes and goes,it's not every day or every week,it will get better,yes you may have crapy days but the good days will get more and more and the bad days will get less :)

krayziee
06-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Hey Ryan, im wilco i have had anxiety for 5 years now im 23. I also was a pot smoker and i also became paranoia when smoking pot for the last few months. Now I dont do pot or alcohol all together. I believe I also was a very sensitive person and i also have scary thoughts and dreams. It's Funny that you calm down when u play cod though even though it's a intense game.

em1
06-20-2013, 03:42 AM
This forum is the best thing that I have found to talk to people about your thoughts and feelings when having anxiety and also you think your alone and your going to go crazy,but when you stop and read what others are going through you Realise everyone is going through the same things

Ryaan
06-20-2013, 04:10 AM
Thanks for replying! It really does help to hear it from other people, im in complete distress :(

em1
06-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Thanks for replying! It really does help to hear it from other people, im in complete distress :(

Do you want to talk about why your in distress?

alankay
06-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Yep, anxiety/panic attacks. A text book case to a certain extent like mine way back. Work with a pdoc on this or a therapist. Alankay

Ryaan
06-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Guys, how do you beat this?

Ahlstrom
06-20-2013, 08:39 PM
I feel you man, I got my anxiety after some bud and alcohol mix sent me to the ER, I'm not blaming the drugs for it though, I think I've always had it and it surfaced after that event.

Dcoito
06-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey Ryan Welcome!

All your symptoms are anxiety! With that being said, are you on any medication? The doctor with that awesome comment! Is he your regular doctor? Cuz you may want a new one! Just saying!
The first thing you gotta master is changing the way you think! Know that it is only anxiety, and it is not harmful! Feels like hell, but you are ok! Everything is just symptoms your body wants to tell you your in danger, even tho nothing is going on! You need to take your symptoms right from the beginning, and acknowledge them as being there but not important! Say to yourself! I am ok!! Breath slowly. In nose, out mouth using your belly not your chest.. Relaxing all parts of your body until you feel it leave! Then smile!
Our mind is an amazing thing.. And your way of thinking has created anxiety, therefore your way of thinking can kick it to the curb as well!
You will better with proper treatment and knowledge! That's all you need, Oh ya and time! Ya sorry it dose take time!

Be well!

KNOW YOUR ANXIETY IN ORDER TO DEFEAT IT!