PDA

View Full Version : Heart issues, why I have to be so afraid?

tabs
06-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi!

My BP is 150/80 mmHg and I constantly worry about getting a heart/brain stroke(the last one especially). I am quite young(18 yo, not really overweight) and generally do not have health complaints. Today I saw my cardiologist and she prescribed me Trimetazidine(don't know why, but she says it's like vitamin for my heart to "prepare" it for tonsillectomy). She said there's nothing wrong with my heart except for a little high BP, but I don't believe her - it seems that she is hiding something from me. :( She also suggested to Holter monitor my heart for 24h. I AM SO TERRIFIED! I think that I'm going to die. I also have a so-called medicine fear and am afraid to take Trimetazidine. The thoughts of getting a stroke are totally paralyzing - sometimes I feel a little pressure in my head and automatically think it's a stroke! Sometimes I do feel a little heart ache, but I am not sure whether it's heart or some back issues(pain radiating from back into chest area).

I don't think that all my problems are catastrophic, but I can't accept it - thoughts of imminent death have taken control over me. What can I do?

nicole123x
06-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi! My BP is 150/80 mmHg and I constantly worry about getting a heart/brain stroke(the last one especially). I am quite young(18 yo, not really overweight) and generally do not have health complaints. Today I saw my cardiologist and she prescribed me Trimetazidine(don't know why, but she says it's like vitamin for my heart to "prepare" it for tonsillectomy). She said there's nothing wrong with my heart except for a little high BP, but I don't believe her - it seems that she is hiding something from me. :( She also suggested to Holter monitor my heart for 24h. I AM SO TERRIFIED! I think that I'm going to die. I also have a so-called medicine fear and am afraid to take Trimetazidine. The thoughts of getting a stroke are totally paralyzing - sometimes I feel a little pressure in my head and automatically think it's a stroke! Sometimes I do feel a little heart ache, but I am not sure whether it's heart or some back issues(pain radiating from back into chest area). I don't think that all my problems are catastrophic, but I can't accept it - thoughts of imminent death have taken control over me. What can I do?

I suffer this from a day to day basis, I'm 16 years old and have a dreaded fear of dying, or having a heart attack! Which is 99% impossible, and the same for your young age!
It's so common wit health anxiety you just need to reassure yourself, and laugh at yourself because it's all so stupid and obviously nothing ain't going to happen! Monitors are nothing to worry about I had one a few months ago you don't even know they are in the process!

Blessed
06-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi!

My BP is 150/80 mmHg and I constantly worry about getting a heart/brain stroke(the last one especially). I am quite young(18 yo, not really overweight) and generally do not have health complaints. Today I saw my cardiologist and she prescribed me Trimetazidine(don't know why, but she says it's like vitamin for my heart to "prepare" it for tonsillectomy). She said there's nothing wrong with my heart except for a little high BP, but I don't believe her - it seems that she is hiding something from me. :( She also suggested to Holter monitor my heart for 24h. I AM SO TERRIFIED! I think that I'm going to die. I also have a so-called medicine fear and am afraid to take Trimetazidine. The thoughts of getting a stroke are totally paralyzing - sometimes I feel a little pressure in my head and automatically think it's a stroke! Sometimes I do feel a little heart ache, but I am not sure whether it's heart or some back issues(pain radiating from back into chest area).

I don't think that all my problems are catastrophic, but I can't accept it - thoughts of imminent death have taken control over me. What can I do?

I feel for you.... I've been where u are (still there). I'm a few years older than you but my cardiologist said he's 99 percent sure I'm not going to have a heart attack. If I can get that into my brain, I will be alot better off. Regarding the heart monitor, I have been hooked up to one for 2 weeks have 2 weeks to go. The first day I was terrified and cried all day. I just pray and keep saying to myself it will be over soon and all will be well. Good look with your monitor , don't let it get you down, maybe this will give me and you both the peace of mind we need. Hang in there :)

Nara
06-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi! Please calm down :) . Today I went to pharmacy and I measure my BP and it was 144 * 80 . I got so scared I was thinking I have problem in my heart. But few minutes later I checked again and it was 126*76. So I want to say when we are anxious is TOTALLY normal our BP get a little higher !! It will come back to normal as soon as you calm! So please dont be worried so much about these valor. I understand you! Sometimes we dont believe in our doctors but be sure they dont have reason to lie or hide something from us! We cant deal with anxiety beeing more afraid. It`s like put more fuel in the fire! I know its very hard to be against our damn thougths. But with a time we learn to deal with them in not giving so much importance :)

missmello
06-17-2013, 05:26 PM
It sounds like you've taken the right steps, seeing your doctors to make sure you are healthy. I believe people know their own bodies best, and so if you feel a strange sensation that scares you its totally normal to want to get it thoroughly checked out by a doctor. Any normal person would do that.

BUT! You have to learn to trust your doctor. If all of the tests have been done, you need to believe their diagnosis. They will not lie to you or hold back information. That would be illegal and not in their best interest anyway. Also about the blood pressure, its probably normal for yours to go high when you go to the doctors office because of nerves/stress. Every time I go for a check-up my pulse and blood pressure go way up, but they take it again before I leave and it goes back to normal. It's all anxiety.

I know how you feel though, I have worries about my heart too, afraid ill die, get heavy feelings in my chest, etc. But I've had so many tests done and they all came back fine! It's amazing what stress can do to your body.