PDA

View Full Version : Stress / anxiety causes cystic acne?

Blessed
06-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Ok question for the ladies, or guys may have this too. About 2 years ago (same time as first anxiety attack, I started getting cystic acne on my right chin/ jaw area.... No where else just there. It's the painful kind that feels hot to the touch and you cannot mash it. (Sorry if graphic) I tried a script for hormonal acne( which is also used to treat high bp.... Which I believe sparked my first panic anxiety attack)... I've tried several expensive cremes, laser, and several rounds of antibiotics. Anyone else had this.... I've been to OBGYN, regular doc and dermatologist and no one seems to help?!?! Any ideas would be much appreciated as I am assuming the worst thinking it could be poisoning my system

Ahlstrom
06-17-2013, 09:13 PM
In my experience, no. Although it's hard for me to tell... I've had pretty bad, deep acne since middle school but I mostly fixed it with Tazorotene Gel, the 2nd strongest acne treatment after Accutane and the 1st strongest topical cream treatment. It get rids of 90% of my ance, but I still get some. Being in really anxious states never has really increased the amount that I got.

Enduronman
06-18-2013, 07:19 PM
HORMONES!! or something as simple as an ingrown hair.

Blessed
06-19-2013, 09:05 AM
HORMONES!! or something as simple as an ingrown hair.

I first thought hormones so had my hormone levels checked twice and they were normal. There's no hair on my face so that couldn't be, believe me I have tried everything to get rid of it

Enduronman
06-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Well then, even if there is no visable hair there are still hair follicles whether man or woman and you can still get an ingrown hair, just can't grow a beard.

My suggestion then if nothing seems to be working. Take 1000mg vit C with 1000mg Lysine each day for a couple weeks and see what happens. No it isn't going to kill you.

Anxious Abi
06-19-2013, 01:10 PM
I can totally grow a beard!
;)

Enduronman
06-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Well then you can totally be so super cool then Abi!! :confused:

Anxious Abi
06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Yeah you should see me with my goatee and my side burns, so cool.
Sorry, I know it doesn't really help Blessed with her problem, just couldn't resist :|.

jess925
06-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi. This is my first post/response, but actually I've been dealing with the same thing. I've been using a cream I got from my dermatologist that seems to work. I haven't had my hormones checked yet, but i imagine all the stress we're putting on ourselves can play a big role. If you can, you should see a dermo to help you determine the cause. Take care

jess925
06-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Sorry, I didn't see that you've been to the dermatologist already